Have to Brag About Argon!

StillandSilent

Mostly because I'm usually posting about his problems! :lol-sign: This past weekend, the shelter I adopted Argon from was holding a doggy fashion show on our town square. I wanted Argon to go, but I was prepared for it to not work out, since there would be lots of dogs and he can still be quite DA on leash.
He didn't get to actually compete (Darn that huge sighthound chest!), but I thought we would at least be able to see his old friends.
He was perfect. He walked politely around all the strangers, allowing everyone to pet him. He didn't snark at a single dog, and even laid down next to another rescue. When a friendly pit bull got too close, he just walked away instead of being aggressive.
Never, in a million years did I think we would get to this point. When I first brought him home, he couldn't get within 10 feet of another dog, on or off leash, without going ballistic. Now he's happy at daycare, and making huge improvements on leash.
Thank you so much Chazzers, for giving us the advice and support that allowed this change!
PS- When I last had him to the vet, she mentioned that rescue dogs often go through a noticable behavior change once they've been home 9 or 10 months. Argon is right in that period, and I have noticed him becoming much more generally friendly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Members online

No members online now.