Dream journals/lucid dreaming?

Saeleofu

Does anyone here keep a dream journal or have lucid dreams? Care so share any of them?

I have had some short, mildly lucid dreams in the past but not on a regular basis, and not recently. I have just started keeping a dream journal for the first time, and find it fascinating. I usually know I had a dream, know if it was good or bad, and vaguely know what it was about, but the details fade very quickly and by the time I get up everything's gone. The only time I usually remember is if the content really bothered me for some reason.

I got tired of forgetting wonderful dreams, so I made myself a Journal of Impossible Things to write my dreams in.

I've kept the journal for two days so far, and it's really fun! I wrote a few of them up in my blog for **** and giggles, so if you're bored feel free to check them out. They're more coherent than they are in my journal, because my journal gets written while I'm still groggy. I don't even put my glasses on before writing in it so it's amazing I can read it at all :rofl1: I know my naps have more vivid dreams than my nighttime sleep, and I've only had one nap since I started, so I'm sort of excited to take a nap tomorrow afternoon :lol-sign:

Red.Apricot

I remember my dreams like real memories, so I've never bothered to write them down. They are pretty lucid.

I do have to tell my boyfriend about the movie I watched in my dream last night. It was pretty cool.

Taqroy

Most all of my dreams are lucid dreams. I can't change everything about them, but I can choose my own actions and I can reset the whole thing if I don't like the way it's going. The worst is resetting and having it end up the same way every single time. And second worst is that I can't fight in my dreams. I've tried for years and it always feels like I'm moving through syrup - it's utterly horrifying in dreams where I'm being chased or attacked.

I used to have a dream journal but then I decided to get up 15 minutes before I have to leave for work every day. :p Not much time for writing down dreams.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I typically have fairly lucid dreams. I know (for the most part) that I'm dreaming and I can often shape how I want things to go - if I'm under water I can breathe, the bad guy can't get me, I choose which path to take through the woods, etc. The one thing I absolutely can not change is if there is a bridge in my dream - I will gravitate towards it, and then I will fall off of it and die.

I have had two very lucid dreams in the past few weeks that I vaguely remember.

First dream, I don't really remember the first part. There involved a lot of people, talking, and perhaps some kind of flying. What I do remember was when I got back home in my dream, I thought it was real. Like, it was that evening. I went outside to fill up a bucket of water for Rose and I heard this awful meowing. It didn't really sound like any of our cats, but I was really concerned so I put down the bucket and started to try to find it. Then I saw Apollo crawling towards me through the grass, completely unable to use his back legs, covered in blood. I flipped out, scooped him up, through him in a cat carrier that I had left sitting out from Rinnie's vet visit, screamed at my mom that I was taking him to the vet, and sped off in my car. It was Saturday evening so no vets were open so I was going to have to take him to the emergency clinic over at Purdue. On my way I tried to call Mike because I was supposed to be meeting him and I didn't want him to worry when I didn't show, but his phone wasn't working due to an unpaid phone bill and I couldn't get through.
Then Mike's alarm went off and jolted me awake, to which I promptly freaked out and text my mom to make sure Apollo was okay, and that she needed to not let him outside at all Saturday just in case.

Second dream, I really only remember bits and pieces. Me, Mike, and my friend were all on campus. Mike got a phone call either from his mom, or from someone threatening his mom. Either way, the end result was that someone was planning to kill his mother and we had X amount of time to either get to her and help her escape or find the guy before he killed her. So we start running to our cars and start phoning the police, but then a giant bomb goes off in one of the buildings on campus, so the police obviously have more important things to do than worry about a potential murder threat to someone, so we realize it is all up to us. Then...I wake up. So that one really didn't go anywhere. LOL

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'm so jealous of people who have lucid dreams! I'd love to keep a dream journal, but I don't even really know where to start.

There are TIMES that I know I'm dreaming, but I can't remember what they are. Only that I knew it was a dream when I was in it.

I used to dream ALLLL the time, but then I stopped (or stopped remembering them anyway). I tend to have recurring dreams or dreams that happen in the same place but are different stories (places I've never been in real life). And I definitely have dreams that are compiled of things that have happened throughout the day and they make weeeiirrdd dreams.

Saeleofu

I'd love to keep a dream journal, but I don't even really know where to start.
I just picked a notebook, made it "pretty" on the cover, and inside I write whatever random thoughts occur post-dream - not hugely detailed, just important words to remind me. To me it seems the act of thinking about it in order to write it down helps more than the actual writing it down. If I get bored or inspired, I flesh them out and write them out in more detail later.

My favorite is when I have a dream, wake up, and then when I go back to sleep it picks up right where I left off. Doesn't happen often, but when it does I love it!

yoko

I've never thought of keeping a journal that's a good idea!

I don't have dreams where I'm in control a lot. Usually right after realizing I can control it I wake up. But I do have crazy detailed dreams and I usually remember them right when I wake up but forgot after being awake after a half an hour or so.

I rarely have *normal* dreams that I'm aware of, but will sometimes have dreams that point me to answers about something I need to know, or precognitive dreams. Those I remember, and it's easy to tell them apart because they have a completely different feel from each other.

Sometimes I'll write the answer ones down -- sometimes that's part of finding the answer.

Every now and then I'll have a truly strange one that has a very immediate feel to it. Those I write down. I know they're either important in some way, even if they're completely Felini-esque, and even if I don't get it figured out, they're good potential story fodder!

Bunny82

I rarely remember my dreams, ocassionally I will have one like last night that is absolutely haunting and will be a recurrent theme for a bit but I don't write it down or speak it because seeing it on paper or hearing it out loud makes it more freakier somehow.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have the most awesome dreams. I seriously almost always have some epic dream and I've wondered for a long time if other people dream the same way or if it's just me. I'd say most dreams I can control to some extent, some I can control completely. It's always been that way.

One really unusual thing about my dreams is that I am often not in my dream at all. I'd say about half of my dreams are third person. Like watching a movie and usually some sort of epic sci fi/fantasy. A lot of the ones that I'm not in are from a male's perspective, which is odd to me. Many are like watching a movie. One recently was set in the far future and a classroom. The main character was a guy that was obviously in trouble of some sort and was hiding some secret from everyone else. I never did figure out completely what was going on, just knew he was in danger.

Very very rarely are my dreams anything mundane or normal. Last night I had a dream about work and it was my very first work dream ever. But we were supposed to move into the new tower and the elevators were broken so we had to climb up the inside up to the 37th floor. I told my boss no way and then he told me that I was just out of shape and it was no big deal. So we climbed and got to the top of one floor and then two of the guys ended up getting a fight and punching each other. Sadly enough that's the most 'normal' my dreams get.

I do occasionally have some terrifying dreams but I generally like them, which is weird because I hate scary movies. I think it's because I know I can change them (and often do) if they get too scary. I've never had a dream where I die in it because I always change it if I think I might.

I did a dream journal once and got some good ideas out of it. I make the best characters while I'm asleep.

yoko

I do occasionally have some terrifying dreams but I generally like them
I've never seen anyone else ever say this. I actually like some of my scary dreams. I've never had anything super horrible that when I woke up I was still freaked out. I just find that most of them that are kind of scary when they are happening always end up being the most interesting..

Members online

No members online now.