Finn breed guesses?

Picklepaige

I haven't done one of these in a while, and I am always getting asked what breed is, so yay breed guess time!

I adopted Finn from the shelter, where he was an owner surrender labeled as an "akita mix." I am not sure if that is just what the shelter pegged him as, or if that is what the owner wrote down. Maybe the owner knew for sure he had akita, but I don't see it at all.

The funny thing is, I have had three separate people on three separate occasions ask if he has akita in him. Coupled with his breed label at the shelter, I find this very weird. He's only about 50 pounds, not fluffy, and no ounce of protectiveness/aloofness in him. I have had strange people walk into my apartment without any notice, and he just runs up to them and wants pets.

If I like at him from the front at the right angle, I guess head does look a little akita-ish, but I reaaaally don't get why I am getting so many akita guesses.

So, what do you guys think? I can't decide what I see in him.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
He reminds me a lot of my friend's dog, Jessie.

Who, being from Mississippi, was labeled as a Catahoula mix. Uh-huh.

I see the Lab/ACD cross, too, with something else? Maybe Shepherd? He has the build of an Aussie/GSD mix I know from work. With the color and coat of a Lab.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I second the GSD X ACD X Lab mix. His face in the first pic screams Shepard mix to me for whatever reason, his body looks acd/heeler and lab

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
Aw man, he's so cute!

I'm betting ACD or a bit of German Shepherd somewhere in him, because of those huge, tall, rounded ears. (I personally don't see akita at all) His head shape, eye size, muzzle, and body shape makes me think american pit bull terrier.

Honestly though, the first thing I thought was basenji- though probably a long shot, since they're a rare breed. Very pretty though! :D

Australian Cattle Dog and maybe some Carolina Dog thrown in there.

The eyes are light for an ACD, unless it is just the picture. But something gave him the markings. So I am unsure where that would have come from. Neither ACD or Lab have those markings. So there may be something else in the mix.

Very handsome dog.

MicksMom

ACD x lab and maybe some other stuff?...
I see ACD & Lab, too, along with something else.

...Honestly though, the first thing I thought was basenji- though probably a long shot, since they're a rare breed. Very pretty though! :D
Funny, Basenji crossed my mind, too, but I was wondering if it was his coloring/markings.

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
I see ACD & Lab, too, along with something else.

Funny, Basenji crossed my mind, too, but I was wondering if it was his coloring/markings.
Not sure! :0
To me, he has quite basenji eyes, ears, coat texture(?), down to the body shape! Probably just me being crazy though.. LOL

But I mean--!

Members online

No members online now.