Vibes for Cookie

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Oh my gosh, poor baby! :( Massive vibes coming her way, as well as yours!

My heart dropped when I saw this thread title. That is just so terrifying, just horrible. Tons of vibes, well wishes and the like. Such a good little girl, I know her spunk will carry her through this!

BostonBanker

Poor Cookie! I hope things go smoothly for her from here on out. What a testament to her character that she handled the entire situation with such grace.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
We're in "no news is good news" mode until morning when I should hear from the hospital and surgeon. Last report said Cookie is resting well, ate the bit of food they offered her for dinner, and is handling the pain meds fine.

Without her, the house is far too quiet and there is no dog curled up on my feet under the desk. That is Cookie's spot. I hope she is able to rest tonight, and that her surgeons get a good night's sleep too. They need to do their best work tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the good vibes through the chaos of today. Mira has worn herself out bringing me piles of toys. She's a big believer in toy therapy. Fortunately she doesn't at all mind tending to the toys herself as I hug her instead.

Poor little Cookie. Sending lots of vibes for an easy morning for everyone. I hope your baby is back to being a baby soon.

Sparrow

Oh, how horrible! Remember, it could be worse than a clean break in good hands. Hang in there, both of you!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Just got off the phone with two of the techs and one of the surgeons. Cookie had a good night and has quite a fan club of folks who've decided she is not only cute but the sweetest thing in the world. I agreed whole-heartedly with this of course. The surgeon said she is brighter than she was yesterday and seems to have recovered from the initial impact of it all, is carefully moving about her cage from time to time and wagging her tail and watching everything, went out to potty, and is fast becoming best friends with everyone she meets. Thank goodness for a sound and adaptable mind.

Her surgery is scheduled for roughly two hours from now and should take 1.5-2 hours. I will get a call afterward, probably not until she's woken up but possibly before.

So we are back in "no news is good news" mode until mid-afternoon. Vibes.

Members online