Seriously?!

Sometimes people just confuse me.

So I'm walking Crystal around the block, for her daily walk. Someone just walks up to me and pets her. Keep in mind that they don't ask, they just simply walk up, and pet her on the head. What?! And keep in mind that this is a fear aggressive dog in my hands here. I simply kept on walking when she let out a low growl. Then the lady proceeds to follow me, and asks me "If she is going to be in heat anytime soon," because she has a "male dog for stud." WHAT? Crystal is a mix breed dog, who just /growled/ at her, with knee problems, and she asks me if Crystal is going to be bred. Out of curiosity, I asked her what type of dog her dog was, and she replied "I don't know, some type of Shepherd mix." I informed her as nicely as I could muster, that she is spayed. After that I simply walked away, lol. And quickly, because Crystal had began barking at her.

I was surprised, to say the least.

note to self, work more on Crystal's fear aggression. Ack. I don't want her to bite someone if they do the exact same thing, as well!

Barbara!

Yup, people are truly stupid. You'd figure most of the back yard breeders stick to papered dogs AT LEAST, but nope. Someone at the dog park the other day had a male Rottweiler/Australian Shepherd mix and they were talking about breeding him to a Husky/pit bull mix.

Or my boyfriends little brother who has a Australian Shepherd/German Shepherd mix and he wants to breed him...and he's only 9 months old. He said it "depends on if he's a good hog dog or not".

Miakoda

Next time say, "Oh, awesome! That'd be cool! I tried to breed her before, but she bit the boy dog's penis off and it had to be put to sleep, so she didn't get to have any puppies.". Then walk off.

Yup, people are truly stupid. You'd figure most of the back yard breeders stick to papered dogs AT LEAST, but nope. Someone at the dog park the other day had a male Rottweiler/Australian Shepherd mix and they were talking about breeding him to a Husky/pit bull mix.

Or my boyfriends little brother who has a Australian Shepherd/German Shepherd mix and he wants to breed him...and he's only 9 months old. He said it "depends on if he's a good hog dog or not".
That's sad. I once saw a GSD x Alaskan Mal x Golden Ret. mix on kijiji up for stud. Like... what? :confused:

Next time say, "Oh, awesome! That'd be cool! I tried to breed her before, but she bit the boy dog's penis off and it had to be put to sleep, so she didn't get to have any puppies.". Then walk off.
:lol-sign: That's hilarious. I should seriously do that next time ;)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online