Dasuquin

Has anyone here used Dasuquin for their dogs arthritis? Does it work? I have a 12+ Lab X who needs something for her arthritis. We use Aspirin when she is in a lot of pain (told to by past vet). The vet we took my goat to after she had been mauled , after talking about Chevy, told us about it and I am wondering if anyone else has used it and what did you think about it?

F

FluffyZooCrew

I've never used Dasuquin. I use Cosequin (same company) for my 11/yo shih tzu with arthritis. And I've used Dr. Foster and Smith's Joint Care 3 for Annie, my whippet mix, who has hip dysplasia and the accompanying arthritis. I also give them Ester-C, 500mg's daily, as studies have shown that it helps reduce arthritis inflammation.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Never heard of it. I use Joint Max Triple Strength from EntirelyPets Discount Pet meds Pet Supplies & Flea Medicine

My friend's dog is 14 and has severe arthritis. He's giving glucosamine/chondroitin, a CMO tablet, and also getting accupuncture which has helped so much. The dog was unable to get up and now with accupuncture once a week, is walking again.

SpringerLover

I have heard great results from Dasequin, but have not personally used it. I have used Syn-Flex and currently use Glyco Flex for my dogs. I recently ordered cosequin for my cat though and we'll see how that goes.

There are a lot of options out there, I'd find one and try it. If it doesn't work, you can always try another, but give it about 4-6 weeks to gauge how it is working.

A few others:
Glyco-Flex (1, 2, and 3)
Synovi G3
Syn Flex
K9 Joint Health

elegy

overdogged
dasuquin is an excellent product and my dog seems to do well on it, but she's been on one glucosamine product or another for 3 years now, so it's a little hard to tell exactly how much difference it makes.

Members online

No members online now.