What Does Your Dog Have to Say?

Okay, Phyl, I'm expecting to hear from you, especially, on this one! I remember on one of your pictures you mentioned that Corgan says "Mama" for you.

I know Malamutes are very vocal and make some strange noises, and Huskies are like that too, and I'd bet that lots of other breeds do the same (any Basenji owners out there???)

Bimmer has a wide array of vocalizations, presumably from his wolf heritage. They make the spectrum from high pitched keens, almost beyond human hearing range, to funny little low gurgling noises. When it's time to go "beddy-bye" he stretches and throws his head back and does the noisiest yawn to let me know I should be turning the lights out and going to bed. When the pack of dogs down the road decided to start invading his pasture, he would run down the hill with his tail and head up in the air, making the most blood curdling howling noises I've ever heard. Talk about dogs heading home in a hurry! When there's a new calf born, he goes out and "talks" to it with little soft "ommmm" noises. It's so sweet to see. Very different from the noises he made one evening when a van pulled up in front of my house, thinking no one was home, to break in. He scared ME! I've NEVER heard or seen anything like it - just an eruption of teeth and an explosion of rage. He really reminded me in that instant that wolves ARE different than our dogs, even though his wolf percentage is fairly small. Ever seen an old Ford van lay down rubber leaving? When my heart started beating again Bimmer got all kinds of attention and praise. He was so angry it took him awhile to calm down.

Shiva, on the other hand, sounds like a Wookie! If you want to know what a Fila Brasileiro sounds like, watch Star Wars. And the bark is unreal. The walls actually vibrate, and any time she barks, there is generally growling mixed in with it. It's just too funny, though, when she wants to play and puts her chest on the ground and that big butt in the air and makes the "confused Wookie" sounds, trying to get Bimmer or Calypso to play with her. The worst noise she makes, however, is silent. When we have to scold her, she just sits down and gives us the l-o-n-g face and blinks until she squeezes a tear out. Little Brat!

phyl

Funny you asked!

Renee750il said:
Okay, Phyl, I'm expecting to hear from you, especially, on this one! I remember on one of your pictures you mentioned that Corgan says "Mama" for you.

I know Malamutes are very vocal and make some strange noises, and Huskies are like that too, and I'd bet that lots of other breeds do the same (any Basenji owners out there???)

Bimmer has a wide array of vocalizations, presumably from his wolf heritage. They make the spectrum from high pitched keens, almost beyond human hearing range, to funny little low gurgling noises. When it's time to go "beddy-bye" he stretches and throws his head back and does the noisiest yawn to let me know I should be turning the lights out and going to bed. When the pack of dogs down the road decided to start invading his pasture, he would run down the hill with his tail and head up in the air, making the most blood curdling howling noises I've ever heard. Talk about dogs heading home in a hurry! When there's a new calf born, he goes out and "talks" to it with little soft "ommmm" noises. It's so sweet to see. Very different from the noises he made one evening when a van pulled up in front of my house, thinking no one was home, to break in. He scared ME! I've NEVER heard or seen anything like it - just an eruption of teeth and an explosion of rage. He really reminded me in that instant that wolves ARE different than our dogs, even though his wolf percentage is fairly small. Ever seen an old Ford van lay down rubber leaving? When my heart started beating again Bimmer got all kinds of attention and praise. He was so angry it took him awhile to calm down.

Shiva, on the other hand, sounds like a Wookie! If you want to know what a Fila Brasileiro sounds like, watch Star Wars. And the bark is unreal. The walls actually vibrate, and any time she barks, there is generally growling mixed in with it. It's just too funny, though, when she wants to play and puts her chest on the ground and that big butt in the air and makes the "confused Wookie" sounds, trying to get Bimmer or Calypso to play with her. The worst noise she makes, however, is silent. When we have to scold her, she just sits down and gives us the l-o-n-g face and blinks until she squeezes a tear out. Little Brat![/QUOTE
That's strange....someone else just asked me about Corgan talking and I was telling them a story. One day my Mom accidently locked Corgan out on the porch, well......I tell you.....when my husband let him in, he ran in my Moms room and "Yelled" at her. No lie!! He was so upset. The noises that come out of him "Crack us up". One thing I have to say though...it's better than Shiva's tears.....She "is" a little brat for that, LOL!!! Phyl

Members online

No members online now.