NB duck and potato?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I am sure some of you guys know about Ruckus and the NB venison and brown rice.
i have been home cooking for him, but with prices, and tons of varying info on the web i am a bit discouraged.
i am considering buying the duck and potato from NB. what do you think?
I cannot afford TWO and everything else i can find that he can eat would have to be shipped, and shipping is too expensive!

showpug

I don't see an issue with it since they have identified the actual problem source. Do you have access to Pinnacle? It's somewhat common...

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I am not sure. i know my local feed store has some good dog foods. even chicken soup dog food! and foods from eagle pack. however i am scared of grains now! BUT, it appears Ruckus is allergic to chicken anyway.

showpug

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Buddy was on that. But I feel jaded and no longer trust NB. All dogs are on Natura foods and will be switched to homecooked/raw after we get Buddy's test results back.

Melissa_W

I don't trust NB either.

I wouldn't give up on raw. Maybe get a bag of kibble until you can get it sorted out. I feel like it's starting to come together for me. Until you do, maybe try Canidae? It's really reasonably priced. California Natural would be a good choice too... but Kai never liked the taste.

nica

Happy dogs expert
Hi rabbitsarebetter, dun get discouraged with homecooking. i have been cooking for my dogs for 6 mths now and they look much better then when they were on NB. My ex-trusted brand.

If you are still keen in homecooking for your pets, I can guide you quickly. It takes me less then 30mins TOPS to cook for both my dogs' homecooked meals for the whole week. Just follow a simple recipe and observe your pet's health and how they are taking it, then adjust from there. It's not difficult.

I feel this is still the best way to go as we can't know for sure if the rest of the trusted brands may get recalled in future. Also, it is cheaper for me too when compared to feeding them NB.

Members online

No members online now.