Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

jenv101

Bite Club
You described my feelings about home birth precisely. I really don't want to labor/give birth in a hospital.

Not pregnant, just sayin' :rofl1:
:thumbup:

Couldn't resist a sale and just bought a dozen girly onesies and sleepers. I hope the ultrasound tech was right on her gender assessment! ;)
We did that on the weekend! I tried to get SOME neutral stuff, but there isn't really a lot of selection in that area!

milos_mommy

It seems like they make very little gender neutral clothing these days. I'm not finding out the sex, and it seems like 95% of babies' clothing is very much geared towards one gender or the other. I saw one onesie that was turquoise and thought it could go either way...my family was like "you can't put a little girl in that!"....No? Watch me.

Taqroy

I feel your pain! A belly band or support belt helps if you are going to be doing much of that in the future!
Reaaaaally....I had no idea that those could help. I might have to look into the support belt because I'm pretty upset that I can't keep doing agility stuff with Mu. And weaves are the only thing being offered right now. There's no way I can keep doing it without something to help though. I can barely walk today. :(

jenv101

Bite Club
Reaaaaally....I had no idea that those could help. I might have to look into the support belt because I'm pretty upset that I can't keep doing agility stuff with Mu. And weaves are the only thing being offered right now. There's no way I can keep doing it without something to help though. I can barely walk today. :(
Its pretty crazy how sensitive it can get down there... we were out a few weeks ago and hit a curb the wrong way driving into a subdivision, and I really felt it at the time (I think I yelled OW when we hit it lol) , but even just that took days to recover! It took me a few days to even figure out what I had done to hurt myself.

Anyways, I've got this type, which is supposed to be the best/strongest support. I don't use the over the belly strap much but the rest of it is great. I wear it for any physical activity, shopping, cooking, cleaning etc, if you are on your feet for a long time.

jenv101

Bite Club
It seems like they make very little gender neutral clothing these days. I'm not finding out the sex, and it seems like 95% of babies' clothing is very much geared towards one gender or the other. I saw one onesie that was turquoise and thought it could go either way...my family was like "you can't put a little girl in that!"....No? Watch me.
Yeah... girls CAN wear blue.. the world will not end! LOL

Taqroy

Omg you should have heard the flail about me picking out dinosaur fabric for curtains.

Sister: "What if you have a girl?? You can't have dinosaurs!"
Me: "You may not have noticed but, I AM A GIRL AND I LIKE DINOSAURS."

People get bent out of shape over weird stuff.

Its pretty crazy how sensitive it can get down there... we were out a few weeks ago and hit a curb the wrong way driving into a subdivision, and I really felt it at the time (I think I yelled OW when we hit it lol) , but even just that took days to recover! It took me a few days to even figure out what I had done to hurt myself.

Anyways, I've got this type, which is supposed to be the best/strongest support. I don't use the over the belly strap much but the rest of it is great. I wear it for any physical activity, shopping, cooking, cleaning etc, if you are on your feet for a long time.
Did you go with a specific brand or anything? I'm all for trying stuff that will let me move around more - I'm starting to feel really limited and I hate it. I don't know where my exhaustion/broken wall is and instead of slowly approaching it I keep slamming into it head first. :rolleyes:

jenv101

Bite Club
Did you go with a specific brand or anything? I'm all for trying stuff that will let me move around more - I'm starting to feel really limited and I hate it. I don't know where my exhaustion/broken wall is and instead of slowly approaching it I keep slamming into it head first. :rolleyes:
I think it was just the Babies 'r Us brand, which I bought at the store.

milos_mommy

Has anyone else experienced having really achy or crampy feet early in pregnancy? I know it's common when you're carrying extra weight, but walking today my feet are really sore...it feels like a mild muscle cramp but it's constant. And if I flex my ankles or stretch them they ache? Sort of like if you work out a muscle group a lot but...in my feet? I haven't worn different shoes or anything...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Has anyone else experienced having really achy or crampy feet early in pregnancy? I know it's common when you're carrying extra weight, but walking today my feet are really sore...it feels like a mild muscle cramp but it's constant. And if I flex my ankles or stretch them they ache? Sort of like if you work out a muscle group a lot but...in my feet? I haven't worn different shoes or anything...
have you ever experienced plantar Faciitis before? I dont' know if that is spelled correctly lol. Added weight can trigger it and even just a difference in stride. your pelvis and hips are changing and shifting so it makes sense that you might be walking a bit differently triggering the pain. is it along the bottom of your foot?

milos_mommy

Nope, I've heard of it but had no idea what it was...yes it's right along the bottom of my foot, down the arch.

jenv101

Bite Club
I had a sore ankle for a week or two. It's probably just from gait change like sparks mentioned. If you get cramps in addition, I'd suggest a magnesium supplement.

A client told me today that I'm "really huge" for 21 weeks and that I shouldn't have found out the gender because she is superstitious. LOL She is from Europe and said finding out is something only us in north America do. So I didn't bother telling her that I want to get a 3D ultrasound to confirm. ;)

milos_mommy

I'd be wary of a 3d ultrasound without medical reasons - the FDA actually made that illegal (I'm pretty sure) but anywhere can get around it by saying it's medical. I don't know how unsafe it actually is...but I know it's controversial (what isn't?).

It's okay, everyone's giving me a hard time for not finding out the gender (including my very very European father). You can't win.

milos_mommy

I'd be wary of a 3d ultrasound without medical reasons - the FDA actually made that illegal (I'm pretty sure) but anywhere can get around it by saying it's medical. I don't know how unsafe it actually is...but I know it's controversial (what isn't?).

It's okay, everyone's giving me a hard time for not finding out the gender (including my very very European father). You can't win.

Members online

No members online now.