Outdoor Dog Run

Ivy

My hubby built a shelter type structure for the dog run. It's 8'x4' and they can either go underneath for some shade or sit on top for sunbathing. We also put in straw as the bedding and the dogs LOVE it. They bounce around, roll and burrow in it. We will be also adding a ramp so it will be easier for them get off and on.

Ivy

That's a really nice setup! Dogs need to get out in the sunshine, even more than we do.
I have noticed that they like to sit on top in the blazing sun (especially Jabroni) Sometimes I worry that he will get too hot, but he knows where the shade is. Am I being too paranoid??
Either way, they are enjoying their setup much better than before. I will be making the dog run bigger little by little. Whenever I see fencing cheap I get a little more (thank you Kijiji, lol)
I will be putting in a kiddie pool and once I can make it bigger in there I will be adding in a sandbox.

Taqroy

Your dogs are adorable! Not to pick favorites, but Jabroni has such a distinctive face. He's very cute! And his paws look enormous in some of those pics, is he done growing? I'm very jealous of your kennel...we're starting to look into fencing off part of our yard for one here soon. Makes me tired just to think about it lol.

Ivy

Your dogs are adorable! Not to pick favorites, but Jabroni has such a distinctive face. He's very cute! And his paws look enormous in some of those pics, is he done growing? I'm very jealous of your kennel...we're starting to look into fencing off part of our yard for one here soon. Makes me tired just to think about it lol.
Jabroni's feet are huge compared to his body. And yes he is finished growing, he is 4 years old going onto 5 in January.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Very nifty! :)

We had an old picnic table in our dog kennel when Blackie was still around. They would go under it for additional shade (they had a shade tarp, too) and Blackie would jump up on it and just hang out. He loved it.

Members online

No members online now.