I can see the funny,

ACooper

Ok, kinda get it with the wife..........but there's a HUGE creep factor with the dog and fish! :eek:

It's the underlying message -- that whole "a REAL man indiscriminately knocks up anything with a uterus."

Not to mention the trivialization of women and that it seems to be okay again, when not too long ago an ad like that would have been marketing death for a product, but maybe that's more in my consciousness with the current political climate.

ACooper

I don't find that ad directly offensive, but it is a bit off putting (and creepy as stated) and it definitely wouldn't make me want to purchase what they are selling.

Xandra

It's kinda funny. Indulgent in very primal desires lol Not even sex for pleasure, but seed-spreading lol

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
I found it funny :p I didn't really think it was offensive, but maybe I'm just kinda warped. :p
I wouldn't really say it's offensive either. It just gives me an uncomfortable feeling. But that's how i usually feel about commercials that try to portray a "manly-man"

S

SevenSins

I have a pretty twisted sense of humor and find "funny" in just about everything, but that was... Not offensive, just kind of stupid, and it made me want to go out and buy Brut just about as much as Carl's Jr. ads featuring people taking gigantic mouthfulls of burger, making piggish slurping noises and slopping condiments all over themselves makes me want to eat there. :p

Some of the Axe commercials are funny as hell though.

There is a definite pushing of boundaries in commercials I think..which while that is always the case (nature of the beast that is advertising) I am NOT ok with all the objectification that has been rampant, especially with all the real issues that go hand in hand with that.

Objectifying commercials are the reason I boycott Hardees.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I have a pretty twisted sense of humor and find "funny" in just about everything, but that was... Not offensive, just kind of stupid, and it made me want to go out and buy Brut just about as much as Carl's Jr. ads featuring people taking gigantic mouthfulls of burger, making piggish slurping noises and slopping condiments all over themselves makes me want to eat there. :p

Some of the Axe commercials are funny as hell though.
:rofl1: :rofl1:

I agree- I didn't find it funny nor offensive, just stupid.

I like the Old Spice commericials with the "manly man"- I think those are funny!

Members online

No members online now.