Taxidermy or Freeze drying.....

Would you consider taxidermy for your special pet?

• Noway! It's just too creepy!

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • YES! Then my friend could be with me forever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just don't know at this time.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I would have to consider the cost and decide based on that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ewe, I can't believe you are even asking us this!

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
I think it's creepy...

...regardless of whether my brother wants a "Rowdy" or not :rofl1:
:rofl1: I've actually tried to find my own Rowdy to buy. I'm still hunting for one too. I want to bring it home and surprise my mom with it by putting it in her bed. I told her I was going to get one and she told me that's a stupid idea and really weird. I think a dead dog would be fun to have around (Though I do draw the line at bathing with it and trimming it's butt hairs :p) so long as I didn't know him in his previous life. :rolleyes:

Though as far as MY dog goes, I could never stuff him. That's too weird. I'm going to have him cremated when he goes.

BostonBanker

It would disturb me, but the dog is gone and feels nothing anymore, so if it helps an individual to have it done, I see nothing wrong with it.

My animals (or a piece of them - I doubt I will be able to afford cremation for Tristan, but I'll have a lock of his hair) will all be cremated, and their ashes combined with mine when I am gone.

ACooper

WOW! I am TOTALLY shocked there isn't one person who would do it!

I mean this is CHAZ.........there's ALWAYS at least one person going against the crowd! :rofl1:

But I agree, if it's an animal I do not know, I think it wouldn't bother me in the least...........one you've spent years with, played with, groomed in life? No, I don't think I'd want to look at her stiff and lifeless body day in and day out.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My grandmother had her favorite cat taxidermied (she was a Persian cat breeder) and kept it under the SINK. I stumbled across it when I was 4 years old, and I still have problems shaking it from my memory. lol.

Giny

Poor Jessie...lol..that would have been a fright!

I could never do it, it would be creepy plus it would hurt too much too see them all the time. It would be like doing the same thing to a human person that I love.

And I thought of Rowdy too when I first read this thread. lol The one where JD was in the bath with him, too be specific.

ACooper

I could never do it, it would be creepy plus it would hurt too much too see them all the time. It would be like doing the same thing to a human person that I love.

And I thought of Rowdy too when I first read this thread. lol The one where JD was in the bath with him, too be specific.
Hey, you know my husband says he is going to do that to me! No, not bath with me..........have me stuffed and keep me at home! :rofl1:

Probably be the only time in our marriage I'm quiet and reserved, plus, he'll always have the last word! :lol-sign:

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I would never. thats not your dog, its his shell. its empty....
why keep it?
Remember your dog running and playing. not lifeless, with no spark it its eye, and stuffed

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

Haha, I actually thought of that same scene with Rowdy too when I read this thread :rofl1:

xpaeanx

No that's really creepy....

and I keep seeing family guy in my head when Brian went to find his mom... and they had her done and were using her as a side table!!!!

bubbatd

A nice portrait is good enough for me !! I can't see me vacuuming Ollie looking at me with glass eyes .

Amanda885

I wouldn't..it is a bit creepy, lol. Pictures and memories will remain in my heart/mind..not their body in my living room..

No way! It's not only super creepy, it would just kill me every day, over and over again, to see what use to contain my best friend...as a stiff, staring fixture. It would cause extreme conflict and stress to me. I just know it would.
I wouldn't because after Buster goes there is no way I could handle seeing his body everyday and knowing that what makes him Buster isn't there.
Pretty much sums it up.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Not only do I find taxidermy in itself super creepy, but it would seem disrespectful somehow. Also, I know what they actually do to make an animal stuffed, and that just creeps me out all over again....

bubbatd

Ashes are good enough for me, mine are with the ones they loved , the places they loved and with me . Some are even in my final spot waiting for me . Some ashes from earlier dogs are buried in the wildflower garden of our old home .

StillandSilent

We had a joke in the family that when Puss (Grey Persian cat) died, we would have him stuffed, and have the taxidermist add a pair of batlike wings on him. Then I would use him has a gargoyle decoration!
When it finally came time to have him PTS, there were a few moments when I actually considered it. Unfortunatly, it was too expensive. Yes, cost is what derailed the plan, rather then me finding it creepy. :lol-sign:
In the end, I didn't even end up keeping the body. I let the vet dispose of it. Puss was gone.

xpaeanx

Interesting! So they take carbon from cremation remains or locks of hair and create an actual diamond! Very cool indeed.

It is pricey though. .10 carat starts out at $2700.00 and it goes on up to $19,000.00 for .99 carat! :eek:
The prices they have are INSANE! :eek:! But they are very neat!

Dekka

Just try me..
The prices they have are INSANE! :eek:! But they are very neat!
They are... but I thought if you ever had your dog's paw print done (and you don't have a fila lol) A small stone in the paw print casting would make a tasteful remembrance you could keep near.

Members online

No members online now.