Standard poodles

poeluvr

exactly u were stating ur opinion except it was stating i was rude, whiuich i take offense too since i wasnt asking in a sinical way more of, how she realised she wanted one, because of all the stuff that was going on, im surprised. not in a bad sense, i was gonna add befor eu put ur 2 cents in that i did not mean it in a sinical way, just how she came to this conclusion. i have had so moany arguments with u it makes my head spin.you threaten that you once had respect for me then lost it, then when everything is patched up u contradict me again, starting it all over.
good night!

Y

yuckaduck

LEA said:
exactly u were stating ur opinion except it was stating i was rude, whiuich i take offense too since i wasnt asking in a sinical way more of, how she realised she wanted one, because of all the stuff that was going on, im surprised. not in a bad sense, i was gonna add befor eu put ur 2 cents in that i did not mean it in a sinical way, just how she came to this conclusion. i have had so moany arguments with u it makes my head spin.you threaten that you once had respect for me then lost it, then when everything is patched up u contradict me again, starting it all over.
good night!

Never started anything and I stand by what I said, never have I not stood by what I have said. You are entitled to your opinion and I have stated mine. If you find me that horrible then put me on ignore.

poeluvr

no sorry i am not putting u on ignore. i dont need someone telling me there is a ignore button, i know its there. i replyed back to ur pm so hopefully its worked outl.

Y

yuckaduck

LEA said:
no sorry i am not putting u on ignore. i dont need someone telling me there is a ignore button, i know its there. i replyed back to ur pm so hopefully its worked outl.

As far as i am concerned there was nothing to work out, you have your opinion and I have mine. Nothing wrong with that at all.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
LEA said:
havn't you just lost a lot of your animals ,don't you wanna give it time?2 dogs a few cats? you have 2 puppies now dont you?
both of the puppies that we have now are my husband's dogs. He is the one that brought them into this house. He wants to start taking care of them now because he realizes they are HIS dogs. I wanted a standard poodle before we got Hannah and before Maverick was given to us. It is not our fault that somebody adopted him irresponsibly and gave him to us. When we move, hopefully soon, we will have enough room for 3 dogs and maybe more so too. I want a standard now because we are talking about having another baby and I want to make sure that the dogs are out of their puppy stage before we bring another baby home. Because once we have a baby I don't want to have to worry about keeping a jumpy, bouncy, puppy seperated from the baby, I want everyone to be able to enjoy everybody. Standards are very active and I want to make sure I can get enough obedience into this dog where I would feel comfortable letting it around the house by itself. I have just gotten to the point where I am no longer afraid of Hannah jumping up and knocking my 16 month over. Maverick has never jumped on her so I'm not too concerned about him yet. It may sound insane me getting a dog agian but I have went over the pros and cons many times and I think it would be best to get the puppy thing out of the way if we decide to get another dog. Yuck, we have looked into rescues but unfortunetely they all say that we need a fenced yard and they don't like the fact that we have two dogs now. We have put in an offer on a house and it has a nice sized fenced back yard but unfortunetely they don't go by what the house looks like that we MAY be moving into (unfortunetely). I would rather have an adult but I am going to have an open mind and visit each of the breeders and see the two puppies and the adult dog.

poeluvr

juliefurry thats great.
i think u know i am not mad at u or think ur doing anything wrong, this has gotten blown out of proportion. i love hannah and maverick. what i meant is im more surprised at the fact ur getting a standard poodle...lol.......i thought it was u thgat didnt like them, but i think i coonfused u with someone else. poodles r great dogs, we are getting a dog in another yr too. might be a poodle as well!

Y

yuckaduck

Good luck Julie, I hope you get a wonderful poodle and I was only suggestion that it was a decision that you need to make no one else knows your situation. I am with ya girl every step of the way and you know that.

poeluvr

yuckaduck said:
Good luck Julie, I hope you get a wonderful poodle and I was only suggestion that it was a decision that you need to make no one else knows your situation. I am with ya girl every step of the way and you know that.
what u trying to make it out that im telling her i think she shouldnt get a poodle thats not what i meant at all. i have been gone for a while im out of the loop with julie.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
LEA said:
juliefurry thats great.
i think u know i am not mad at u or think ur doing anything wrong, this has gotten blown out of proportion. i love hannah and maverick. what i meant is im more surprised at the fact ur getting a standard poodle...lol.......i thought it was u thgat didnt like them, but i think i coonfused u with someone else. poodles r great dogs, we are getting a dog in another yr too. might be a poodle as well!
I might have said a while ago that I didn't like poodles but I have been doing more and more research on them and realize they are a really great dog. I'm very nervous about getting another dog because of the recent things that have happened with mine but I think we can manage it. I am looking forward to the challenge of three dogs agian.

As long as you keep your mind and eyes open when you talk to the different breeders you'll be okay, Julie. Even some of the good ones have been known to malign each other. Ask to see documentation and come to your own conclusions. You'll do just fine. ;)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Ok here i go (I love Poodles)

I experience we once owned and raced a standard Poodle/Husky lol her name was Moe Moe. And she was the sweetest, smartest, most people pleasing dog ever. She loved kids and just people in general.

One day when I was a kid my sister randomly brought home a small apricot colored male toy poodle we named Ralph. He was her dog but he really slept in my bed and spent most of his days with my mum. He like Moe Moe was super sweet and funny and smart. But he was also protective sometimes like if my sister or I got in a fight and started hitting each other he would get mad and start snarling and snapping not wanting us to fight. He was really REALLY smart actually 2 examples.
1. If you went "Ralphie!!! Want some Ice cream???!!!" he would get all excited and start snorting and run back and forth between us and the freezer. he would also do the same thing only with the car if we said "Ralphie! wanna go bye byes???!!!".
2. He also one day got into my sisters box of Hershey kisses and carefully unwrapped each one and ate it. he never got sick from it but it was funny to see all the foil wrappers around my sisters room.

Ralph started having seizers at 11 years old and started losing control of how bowels and had to be put down but wow was he ever a great dog!!

My Mum now owns Brutis anouther Minature male poodle who is black. Brutis is 5 years old and just amazing. Like Moe Moe and Ralph he is very smart and talented and loving. They are easy to house train or at least they are for us. Brutis spends all of his time with my mum following her about the house or the ranch. He will go and retrieve things that she asks for and knows a number of tricks.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Thanks you guys. I have been researching and researching standard poodles for days now and I feel like my brain is about to burst. I think I can handle one of these dogs, I certainly have the time to play with them. I take my daugher and the pups out every afternoon for their romp and game of fetch in the backyard so I now I will have enough time to get it's energy out. I'm just trying to figure out what to feed it. I want to go with Innova I think for it, I was thinking possibly raw but I don't know yet it's really expensive I think. My husband is pushing for a raw diet and hopefully once my work starts picking up agian we might be able to do it.

Members online

No members online now.