The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
No worries, here's my chihuahua http://i.imgur.com/BT5eD.png

(and sadly, I'm not joking. He has been called a chihuahua. And yet when I actually HAD a chihuahua, the chi always got called a papillon o_____0)
Wow ... Gavroche has been called a chihuahua?! Now I really have lost all faith in the intelligence of the human race.

@Skittledoo a Great Dane ... REALLY? :rofl1:

I mean its one thing if they make an honest mistake about my dogs breeds, ok ... Cool ... NP, no one is perfect & it goes me an opportunity to tell dogs & educate someone :)

It's the people who are CONVINCED that your dog is [insert breed here] & NOTHING will sway them other wise ... THOSE are the people that make me :wall:

Dogs6

Plus One
I was supposed to be bringing the horse home yesterday but that ended up being cancelled.

This morning, I was taken up to move 2 horses to another field and bring Captain home.

I ended up only being able to move 1 horse because although I was able to catch both, they misbehaved so badly (and I had so little help) because they havent been handled in 6-8 weeks that after half an hour all 3 of us were covered in sweat and the bloody thoroughbred mare decided that she couldn't go into the horse box, the gelding would load and then pull backwards because she was standing outside and I was ready to kill them both.

I had to take both of them back to the field, turn them both loose, recatch the gelding, lead him back up the lane. He went on the box perfectly, then decided to fly off again, scared several cows in a nearby field, spooked at the scared cows and tried to bolt. Finally got him on and delivered to the new field.

By then I was so tired, I said I'd get Captain this afternoon except no one seems to be able to take me up. I also have to get that mare (or any other horse) to actually load in the box and take them up to the new field.

I just want to be done with it! I'm regretting ever agreeing to do it!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I wish I could be like some of my friends. Oh I want a new car. I will just buy one!! I would like a laptop - let me buy that! New video game? BOUGHT. What's that, a new smartphone? Look what I have! Hey check out these new SHOES! They were on sale, only $120...

Every purchasing decision I make I have to agonize over. Can I REALLY afford this? What possible disastrous thing can come up that will make buying this "fun" thing that I don't actually need a terrible decision? It's the difference between being able to pay my mortgage, and, you know - not. Every dollar matters. Forget hundreds of them.

Not having to work three jobs would be pretty rad too, but I'm trying to figure out if I can add a fourth.

**** being poor. Or **** being responsible. Whichever.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
One of OH's horses that is supposed to run this weekend flipped (from what little he told me while he was at the barn just now ... He's gonna tell me the whole story when he can) while being shod ... Now he doesn't know if she will be able to run :wall:

Stupid horse ... She never was playing with a full deck anyway.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Stupid emotions and falling in love with dogs at work I can't have. :(

After switching to grain-inclusive food to try and put weight back on the dogs, Kiba and Lincoln need to be switched back to grain-free. Kiba since her coat has gone to **** in just a few days, and Lincoln's ear has blown up again. Now to buy a second food container for them as well as new food tomorrow, grrrrrr.

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Posted a semi-funny post on my Facebook page about dating site travesties.

A guy who used to live here and had a crush on me immediately sends me a PM.

NO I DON'T WANT TO DATE YOU EITHER.
STOP IT.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
There's an ice cream truck limping around my neighborhood. Like an old faded out truck with a creep of a driver just crawling along the streets playing that music. This is something from a horror film...

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
There's an ice cream truck limping around my neighborhood. Like an old faded out truck with a creep of a driver just crawling along the streets playing that music. This is something from a horror film...

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
"Lock up yo black dog & run for yo life!" (Sorry ... Could resist)

But seriously ... Ewww!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Just too much sad stuff at the end of the day today at work. Cute little old man comes in an hour before close, carrying in his almost 17 year old collie mix that can't walk. Crying. Knows it's time for her to be put to sleep. He carried her into the exam room, set her on the blanket, gave her one last kiss and says he can't stay for this. :(

A little bit before that, a girl comes in with a cat. She's the neighbor housesitting while the owners are out of town. Cat's just not right - head tremors and muscles twitching, not moving, vomiting etc. He's an outdoor cat and the owners said he was acting sick before they left... they don't know if he ate something or what. We did x-rays and bloodwork and now he's spending the night on fluids.... I just want him to get better, I'm so sick of these outdoor cats coming in on the brink of death with mysteries that we can't solve. :(

Members online

No members online now.