The Mighty Jagrafess of thee Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe

StillandSilent

How awesome! I adore the look of reptiles, especially ones that change color, but I know I wouldn't be a good owner for one. Cats and dogs only around here, that's about all I can handle.

What exactly is a hemipene? I'm guessing something to do with genitalia, which makes me very, very afraid to google it. There are some strange websites out there, and things you just can't unsee...

Saeleofu

What exactly is a hemipene?
Instead of having one wholepene (yes I totally made that up lol), most lizards have hemipenes, or two smaller penises.

Cresties are ridiculously easy to care for. No special light, no heat, just room temperature, mist a couple times a day, and reconstituted Crested Gecko Diet every couple days. I never really wanted a reptile until I came across cresties. I want an snake, but I don't REALLY want a snake because of the amount of care they require.

Saeleofu

Any guess on morph from this? He's actually gotten even darker than this, a dark dark olive, almost chocolate color. He's been firing up more since he's been in the Exo Terra!

I'm wondering if he's be considered tiger, or if there's not enough patterning for it to count. I'm still trying to learn this morph thing lol

Saeleofu

I took him to the clinic today because my coworkers wanted to see him. Everyone LOVED him - I wouldn't be surprised if more people at work get one lol. He was also cloudy this morning and shed before it was time to go home from work. It was really cool to see him shed! I've never seen the ones at work shed. I actually helped him along a bit, so I have a few pieces - whole feets and the head including eye caps. I'll have to take a picture later. Anyway, he's SUPER bright now with his brand new skin ;)

He'd make a good therapy lizard lol. We had a few clients that needed cheering up and when they saw Jagger they just lit up. He's so calm, he lets absolutely anyone hold them. Sit on their hands, climbs and jumps around. I'm pretty sure being a potential salmonella carrier would rule out real therapy work though lol.

Xandra

He looks prehistoric... I mean I guess all reptiles do but with the mottled olive green he has going on he looks extra-prehistoric. :p Glad to hear he's got a great temperament to match the looks!

And I'm so jealous of your $10 Exo-terra, that's... unbelievable.

Members online