This made me feel physically sick :(

I had to go into the vets a few days ago to sort out the Insurance Documents for Bailey.
While i was there a man came in with a dog, looked like a Great Dane X.......

You could see EVERY bone in this poor girls body :(
I have seen pictures of dogs like this on the Net, but never came face to face with a dog in such a sad state :(

I stroked her..........she looked so sad and he skin was like tissue rippling through my fingers!!

I gather that the man who had her (older man) had adopted her, b/c i couldn't see her abuser EVER taking her into the vets!!!

I wanted to take her home and love her and feed her.....
I just hope that this kind man gives her the life she so deserves.

StillandSilent

Maybe the dog was sick? I know we had a boxer at work who was in end stage cancer, but not suffering and she looked horrible. All of her bones were hanging out but she was still happy and wagging her tail. She lived for a month with us before she was suffering and had to be PTS.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
The most skinny pups I have ever seen was in mexico. They were semi wild dogs. They would come up to you to eat but wouldnt let you pet them. Although this one female had some pups and they let me pet them. I tried talking my ex husband into bringing them home with us but it was a no go.
Its common for dogs and cats to run around feral in mexico. Some will even kill you to take the food from your hand. Its sad!

Muggie'sMum

Mistress Wigglebutt
My great dane went on a gallavanting adventure when she was 9 years young, and was gone in the woods (during deer season) for 11 days before she was found by some hunters and returned home. She was a skeleton, literally, with some flesh over it... Saddest thing I ever saw. :p Had to bum a ride home over 45 miles to get to see her the night they brought her home because I didn't think she would live the night.

Maybe the dog was sick? I know we had a boxer at work who was in end stage cancer, but not suffering and she looked horrible. All of her bones were hanging out but she was still happy and wagging her tail. She lived for a month with us before she was suffering and had to be PTS.

If she was sick, and it was enough to do that to her body then i wouldn't put her through it..personally.
I would have done the right thing and had her PTS the moment they told me that she couldn't survive the illness.

Members online

No members online now.