The Venting Thread

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I overdid it on the slopes today, especially after doing an intense leg day at the gym on Monday. My knee is killing me and my legs are going to fall off.

AND I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

Also, Huck is getting spayed to tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous. I've never been to this vet before and while I don't think it'll be too big of a deal, I'm not going to be home at all on Friday (8:30a-9p shift) and I just worry about aftercare.
They'll probably send her home with a cone. If she has a cone on she might not be interested in trying to jump at all. If she's getting sent home the day she is spayed, she probably isn't going to be doing much other than sleeping.

You can always stick her in a crate!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
As for my vent:

Tulip keeps scaring me with her oldness. She'll look really bad for a day or two, I'll get ready to lose her, and then she bounces back for a while. My heart can't take this Miss Terrible!

And Esther's tumor has undeniably grown since she's been to the vet. Which he told me it would, and I know it's going to get big enough to affect her mobility. I just...wish it was growing slower :(

Dogs6

Plus One
Race horses?

Yet another reason to hate the cold weather ... It seems to make them extra frisky ! ESP down here because we don't have steady cold weather, it will be warm (60's/40's) for a while then drop to 30's/20's with rain and damp/cold. We got some of them exceed used before the weather got really bad. Almost all of ours were just like that this morning. Some were so crazy that we had to give a few acepromazine (spelling???) just so they wouldn't hurt themselves :/
No I work with event horses. He's just a big silly youngster who went from living out in a field to being stabled constantly. He's also very fit and the walker just isn't enough for him on the days he's not ridden. He has thrown every rider on the yard and injured every groom in one way or another. He's a genuinely nice horse but the energy just builds up in him until he explodes.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
There was a horrible accident on the interstate near where we live--a pile up with one confirmed dead and they presume more dead that they just cannot get to because there are so many cars smashed under semis.... :(
I just saw a news link on that. So horrible. :(

DJEtzel

As for my vent:

Tulip keeps scaring me with her oldness. She'll look really bad for a day or two, I'll get ready to lose her, and then she bounces back for a while. My heart can't take this Miss Terrible!

And Esther's tumor has undeniably grown since she's been to the vet. Which he told me it would, and I know it's going to get big enough to affect her mobility. I just...wish it was growing slower :(
Ferrets? Rats? I Didn't know you had other pets! Vibes!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
As for my vent:

Rats are the best and worst. :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
As for my vent:

Dude, I totally get this. One day Renegade will be horrible and I'll get ready to take him in, and a few days later he'll be running around like nothing's wrong. It sucks. :( (((((Hugs))))))

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
No I work with event horses. He's just a big silly youngster who went from living out in a field to being stabled constantly. He's also very fit and the walker just isn't enough for him on the days he's not ridden. He has thrown every rider on the yard and injured every groom in one way or another. He's a genuinely nice horse but the energy just builds up in him until he explodes.
We have a bottle of acepromazine for that, one CC is usually enough to kind of take the edge off some of our friskier ones on bad days when they can't be ridden. It's worse down here because the horses aren't used to cold weather like we are getting now ... The ace keeps them safe too so they don't hurt us or themselves

Lyzelle

I am slowly but surely beginning to realize that it isn't going to stop. I have her blocked and deleted everywhere. I have anyone that talks about her blocked and deleted everywhere. But no matter what, she won't stop stalking.

I will never live in peace. It is a miserable existence. Everyone tells me to ignore it, don't focus on it, it is okay.

There isn't enough Xanax, sleep, or alcohol in the world to make me OKAY with the idea that every few months she will find a way to stalk and poke and prod. Until forever. Until I am dead or she ages past the point of remembering me. And that could be decades of waiting.

But it isn't ever going to stop. What is the point in trying to fight it so hard? Useless energy, trying to do anything at all.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My vent: ITS COLD... BOO! >_<
Seconded! For once I would like to be able to walk outside without my nose hair freezing and if I'm not wearing gloves my fingers going numb after about 5 seconds. BRRRRRRR! The windchill is supposed to be -25* tomorrow...and my phone currently says it feels -13*. Can it please warm up to maybe, I don't know....30*? And it is supposed to stay this cold for at least the next ten days...or so says the ten day forcast on my phone.

At least I own dogs that don't mind the cold. I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.
LOL. Juno has not been out to potty for over 12 hours.... and uh, she's in bed for the night now, so I guess she's trying to go for 24 hours?

And then there's Happy, who plops herself down in a snowbank and grooms herself for half an hour like it's balmy out there.

I'm upset that tomorrow is going to be nice, with a high of like 35. REALLY? The day that I work? I had off today, oh okay let's be negative a billion degrees. I have this weekend off, okay let's be in the single digits. I hate you, weather.

My real vent is that I feel like I have hair or something stuck in my throat and it just won't go away. Doesn't matter if I eat, drink, try hacking my lungs up... it just continues to feel fuzzy. :mad:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Seconded! For once I would like to be able to walk outside without my nose hair freezing and if I'm not wearing gloves my fingers going numb after about 5 seconds. BRRRRRRR! The windchill is supposed to be -25* tomorrow...and my phone currently says it feels -13*. Can it please warm up to maybe, I don't know....30*? And it is supposed to stay this cold for at least the next ten days...or so says the ten day forcast on my phone.

At least I own dogs that don't mind the cold. I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.
Me either! I have tough double coated cattle dogs and a thick coated shepherd mix. The only one who needs his clothes is the JRT since he has long hair but it's not thick so he wears a sweater and two blankets in weather like this.

What also sucks is since our weather is a roller coaster like, it makes horses and people sick :( I can't wait til "sprummer" (we really don't have a spring season ... More like a spring MONTH so we call it "sprummer" lol)

The high is supposed to be about 35 today *_*, the cold weather can go back up north now K thx.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'm pretty sure I just hate everyone. Everyone and everything annoys me. I swear I never used to be like this. I mean everyone has that teen angst thing going on when they're young but besides that I used to have such a different view of the world. I used to be happy and everything was rainbows and butterflies but now everything just pisses me off. /endrant /I'mcoolnow

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.
I'm surprised with Ruby, this is our first winter with her. Single smooth coated little terrier type.
I thought for sure she would need a coat, especially with this crazy cold we've been getting here in Ontario. But nope, she's happier in the cold that Rigby!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My kingdom for somebody who knows how to communicate. I'm not even saying communicates well. Just knows HOW to communicate.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Why must I stress about things that I don't 110% know what is going on?

I HATE not having all of my ducks in a row, especially when it comes to driving somewhere or accomplishing a task (or, in this case, both). I don't really know where I'm going, I don't really know if I'm going to the right place, I don't really know if I have all of the paperwork I need, and I have no idea how things are going to proceed when I get there.

And this is FREAKING ME OUT.

I have issues.

Members online

No members online now.