I smell like an Easter egg.

Red.Apricot

I tried the baking soda and vinegar thing to wash my hair today, and now I smell like an Easter egg.

My boyfriend can't smell it.

How do I stop this from happening in the future? :rofl1:

Lyzelle

Mix baking soda in a small amount of your shampoo and water. Just easier to get it all over your roots when it's a little slippery.

Rinse with vinegar/water. I use around 50/50 white vinegar, some others use Apple Cider, though.

Smell should be gone by the time your hair dries.

ETA: I let the vinegar sit in my hair like a conditioner, then rinse it out with plain water.

Romy

Taxiderpy
If your boyfriend can't smell it, where's the problem? :p

I just use baking soda and water for the first go round, then rinse with apple cider vinegar water. Once in a while I'll fill a tea strainer with rosemary, and let it steep and sit overnight in a gallon of water. Then I'll make my vinegar rinse with that. 1 tbsp per cup and just let it dry in my hair. It smells like rosemary then, makes your hair awesome and soft.

But, DON'T use rosemary infusion if you have light hair. If you have dark hair it will give you pretty reddish highlights, but it can change light hair. Use lemongrass instead if you're blond.

ACooper

Maybe a few drops of the essential oil you like?

I rinse my hair with ACV, and sometimes I put a few drops of mint or lavender in it to ease the vinegar smell out.
My husband has two things he truly hates the smell of........one is pine-sol, the other is vinegar. Pine-sol isn't a problem, don't like it or use it, but I use vinegar like crazy so I have need to disguise the scent often, LOL

Red.Apricot

Haha, I was just paranoid other people would be able to smell it.

I'll have to try the essential oil thing. I hate the smell of rosemary (haaaate) but I might try lemongrass.

Members online

No members online now.