The Good News thread

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
a woman i play this online game with sent me a little package of tasties for christmas. she lives in austria. so none of these candies or snacks are in english so i have no idea what anything is other than pictures. first thing i opened and sampled turned out to be chocolate balls with coconut and THEY ARE FILLED WITH RUM. LIQUID SYRUP RUM. that this is even a thing blows my mind. RUM FILLED CHOCOLATE BALLS. **** you america, you are why we cant have nice things like chocolate balls i can get drunk on. :rofl1:

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I've been a hobby leather worker for a few years now... not totally into it as it is very time consuming, but I enjoy sitting down and making things.

I did some research yesterday as I want to get back into more dog collars and some more halters and nosebands. Talked to Josh last night about investing about $400 into some better tools to make it happen.

SO EXCITED. With a new round knife, many doors of leather crafting will be opened for me. :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Screw rum balls, I just want a surprise egg, but NOOO, American kids are too stupid for those :p
You mean kinder eggs?

My mom sends Hannah those all the time LOL SHHHHH ;) don't tell.

Although it's probably people like me and my siblings that ruined it for everyone haha. We used to collect the eggs, get rid of the nuggat or whatever it is (not a big fan of the taste) and then whip the plastic eggs inside at each other. We would have EPIC kinder egg wars. if you throw them just right, you'll leave a big welt LOL

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
You need to watch The Vampire Diaries Fran!!!

OH MY GOSH. I have almost all of next week off! I am completely off of one job and I only work one 5hr shift at my other job. MY LIFE IS MADE! I have been soooo stressed working two jobs. Like seriously. I am so happy and excited!! <3

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Norway has the best rum filled chocolate I've had. My dad used to get a big case from some coworker when we were kids. Sadly does not get them anymore. I think I can trace my love of rum back to them.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I love being in ministry but sometimes I have to laugh at God's timing for me and know that it's just a reminder to not worry so much about TIME. Tonight, I was meeting a friend at church to give her one of the food boxes to deliver to her friend in need. I had to stop at Weis first to get the gift card to go with it and I was already running a little late. Weis was packed and every line was 4 people deep with carts FULL of food. I was like AHHHH I'm never gonna get out if here. But I took a chane and asked the kind young man at the customer service desk if it would be possible to check out there. He was so kind and helpful and I was out of there in mere moments. I MIGHT be on time lol. But then there was this elderly lady freezing at the bus stop and she asked two young ladies that were packig up their groceries if they could
Possibly give her a ride home. They said they were too busy and left. I watched the whole thing and for a moment, I was conflicted... I was busy too and I was going to be late. That thought only lasted a moment before I gave my head a shake and knew that I had gotten out of te store quicker than expected so that I could witness that moment and step up and help. I wasn't too busy to help someone in need. She looked up at me and I told her that I would give her a ride. She was so happy and appreciative. And she was so sweet and kind. She told me that she would pray for many blessings for my family. I just said that it was my pleasure to help her out of the cold and what good is time if we can't spare time to help someone out. What started out as a hectic outing and had me a little frazzled left me with God filling my heart. I've been smiling ever since thinking about the funny turns life takes sometimes and that I could have been frustrated by it or said that I didn't have time or I could sit back and realize how those moments might have blessed me even more than te person I was helping.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
You mean kinder eggs?

My mom sends Hannah those all the time LOL SHHHHH ;) don't tell.

Although it's probably people like me and my siblings that ruined it for everyone haha. We used to collect the eggs, get rid of the nuggat or whatever it is (not a big fan of the taste) and then whip the plastic eggs inside at each other. We would have EPIC kinder egg wars. if you throw them just right, you'll leave a big welt LOL

ÃœBERRASCHUNGSEIER!! :)

I read awhile ago that you can get fined, up to 5k per egg, for importing them :yikes:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
WHEEEEERRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE smallcaps
I buy mine at a local gift-type shop, or at the kitchen store that also sells coffee and tea. Both have a chocolate case with truffles filled with varieties of alcohol. Rum, Kaluha, amaretto, Jack Daniels, all types. You can also find on Amazon those big packs of chocolate "bottles" that are filled with alcohol, again all different types - the gift-type shop also buys those big packs and you can buy the pieces individually there, but I prefer the truffles to the bottles. The truffle chocolate is usually darker and richer in flavor (although I am also a fan of the white chocolate + Baileys one they have.)
I think World Market sometimes had them back in their candy departments, especially around the holidays, but we don't have a World Market in town anymore - the packs of alcohol filled "bottles" were the ones I saw most often but I know they had a truffle variety pack one year too.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Lol I honestly can't figure out why they are illegal lol. Other than for the weapon potential that I mentioned.

Although I did almost kill myself with one as a kid LOL. Studied how to conduct electricity in science class. Very cool. At home... Opened a kinder egg and my toy was a little metal cowboy. HEY... I wonder if I can take what I learned at school and light up this lightbulb. You see whete this is going? Lol. Took my lamp and unscrewed the bulb and placed little metal
Cowboy inside the socket... Held lightbulb IN MY HAND on top of cowboy guy.... Flipped the switch LOL. That did not go well. BANG... POP... That lamp never worked again, cowboy melted, and luckily... MIRACULOUSLY, I kept all my limbs, lived and didn't set te house on fire.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Lol I honestly can't figure out why they are illegal lol. Other than for the weapon potential that I mentioned.
The US has a law that all candy has to be suitable for all ages, and since the toy inside is small and only suitable for ages 3+, it doesn't meet that law. There's also a law banning toys embedded in food because of choking hazard concerns.
There's a company in the US making something similar but the toys are all-ages suitable, and the chocolate doesn't totally cover the "egg," so it's allowed, because that apparently means kids can "tell" it's not just solid candy and therefore the choking hazard goes away...

I don't really get it either. =P

Saeleofu

The US has a law that all candy has to be suitable for all ages, and since the toy inside is small and only suitable for ages 3+, it doesn't meet that law. There's also a law banning toys embedded in food because of choking hazard concerns.
There's a company in the US making something similar but the toys are all-ages suitable, and the chocolate doesn't totally cover the "egg," so it's allowed, because that apparently means kids can "tell" it's not just solid candy and therefore the choking hazard goes away...

I don't really get it either. =P
The legal ones are supposedly sold at Target, but I haven't been able to find them. And I highly doubt the chocolate is any good, at least not as good as the original.

Nestle used to have a version that had first toys inside (I had a Pegasus from one) and later candy inside, but now they don't make them anymore, either, it seems.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mini-bachlorette girls night. Tons of fun. Lots of alcohol. Now even more super stoked for Michael to finally get home so I can marry his ass. Ahahahaha

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The legal ones are supposedly sold at Target, but I haven't been able to find them. And I highly doubt the chocolate is any good, at least not as good as the original.

Nestle used to have a version that had first toys inside (I had a Pegasus from one) and later candy inside, but now they don't make them anymore, either, it seems.
It's so funny because when you talk about Kinder Eggs, people are so divided. They either LOVE the chocolate or think the chocolate is horrible and advise people to just chuck the chocolate and play with the toy LOL.

Nestle's was called the Nestle MAGIC Ball, then later the Wonder Ball when it had candy inside, I remember those too! I think I have a Simba that came in one. Surprise surprise, there was a lawsuit after a kid choked on the toy after stuffing the entire thing in his mouth and that's when they switched to having the candy inside. =P
Supposedly the company that makes them now puts HUGE toys inside so they aren't legally choking hazards. There were lawsuits in I think the UK back in early 2000 over the Kindereggs because kids choked and actually died from the toys in them, trying to get them to pull the eggs, but it didn't go anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.