The Venting Thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia decided to raid all the mouse traps and the cabinets below the fish tank while I mowed the lawn. WHY every year do I decide to try leaving her loose while I mow? And I mean... I could SEE her over half the time in the window. Urgh

Worst part? One of the mouse traps had mouse poops in it! So the darn mouse went in it then went out.

I haven't seen one in weeks. I was hoping I got rid of them all.

Also, my neighbor next door is such a slob. Renter, of course but so am I! And there's no way I'd leave my house the way they do. Haven't mowed yet (I've mowed 3 times), have a huge pile of brush in the middle or the yard, and seem to think under the tree between the houses is a good alternative trash can. Can't wait to move! I don't know how the city isn't on their butt. Last year I got a warning 3 days after moving because I left a box by the trash can and they said I had weeds on the side yard. I barely had any and now this guy has a yard full (and trash!) and no one seems to be saying anything?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mike is out of town (like, multiple states away out of town) until Friday, and I won't be able to see him until at least Sunday. Me no likey. :( God help me when he enlists and is going to be gone for months without me being able to contact him. Which I think is why I'm so bummed out now...knowing that's in the future has me liking this even less because I just want to spend time with him while I can.

At least Cynder's sleeping with me tonight. She's about as put out as I am, poor girl.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I ate all of my cookies and have no more almond flour to make more. I think I have a whole bag of coconut flour, but no energy to experiment and make more cookies. Boo.

Saeleofu

I have a paper due tomorrow, and I just now remembered it (I thought it was due 2 weeks from now, on the day of the final!). Fortunately it's only 2-4 pages (double spaced with enormous margins), and I got lucky and checked out books for it over the weekend while I working. But still. DO NOT WANT.

Also, I have two and a half weeks of school left. It's supposed to FREEZE again this week. THIS IS NOT RIGHT! April should be hot! OR at least freaking WARM!

Red Chrome

How did they get the fursaver? Was it on a dog that they took in ?
I can answer this.....they picked up a foster dog that she had been looking after in the absence of someone, the dog apparently had no collar or leash on when one of the volunteers went there to get it, the volunteer made an unexpected pick up of the dog, thus didn't have any in her car, she said she would carry the dog but frost insisted they could use it, the volunteer said she didn't know when they would be able to get it back to her and was told don't worry about it.

I can answer this.....they picked up a foster dog that she had been looking after in the absence of someone, the dog apparently had no collar or leash on when one of the volunteers went there to get it, the volunteer made an unexpected pick up of the dog, thus didn't have any in her car, she said she would carry the dog but frost insisted they could use it, the volunteer said she didn't know when they would be able to get it back to her and was told don't worry about it.
Forgive me for being new and jumping in here. However, since said leash and collar landed at my house, I will repeat the offer I made the first time I heard about the **** things. I do not know WHAT leash and collar you are talking about. I do not use fursavers. Never have. But there are several in the dog apparel bin on my front porch. Which is the bin that all of my fosters go digging through when they need something. You did not contact me about them until MONTHS after they arrived here and I told you then you were welcome to come get them. As I was sure they were probably still out there. You chose not to. No one stole from you. I was not aware the dog arrived with anything that anyone wanted back. And then you waited for months to ask for it or even mention it. Good god.

As for the dog, he is fine, no thanks to most of the people involved in his life prior to landing in one of our foster homes. I am sorry you didn't keep track of him but as far as I can tell, he was no longer your problem. You needn't worry your pretty little head about him.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Yikes! Have you seen a doctor??
No. My aunt got bitten and when she went to the ER they said they couldn't do anything for the bite, just give her antibiotics. I'm someone who doesn't go to the doctor unless it's very serious. (If it gets worse I'll go.) I'm already on antibiotics for a tooth problem, so I'm just taking those. There's already been improvement, but man, is it gross. The upside of being bitten in the crotch is that a movement of my leg could have stopped the spider from injecting all its venom.
Ugh, WTF? I really, really don't get it.
wow.

I'd like to know why they decided to dock tails on puppies when both parents are traditionally undocked breeds *scratches head*
Reminds me. . .ACDs are very popular in my area. A couple of people here breed/have bred them. Out of the many I've met, I don't think I've ever met one with an undocked tail. I thought it was a show tradition at first, but I was wrong, obviously.
Then I thought it must be the other end -work- but only a few of these dogs did any herding or work that would impact the safety of their tails.
I see it all the time but can't find a reason. Maybe there's a very obvious reason ACDs are so often docked without a second thought and I'm just stupid. But I don't get it.

No. My aunt got bitten and when she went to the ER they said they couldn't do anything for the bite, just give her antibiotics. I'm someone who doesn't go to the doctor unless it's very serious. (If it gets worse I'll go.) I'm already on antibiotics for a tooth problem, so I'm just taking those. There's already been improvement, but man, is it gross. The upside of being bitten in the crotch is that a movement of my leg could have stopped the spider from injecting all its venom.
If you got bitten by an ACTUAL brown recluse, there is something the hospital can do. Real recluse bites, even though they may start out looking and feeling like nothing, tend to cause very severe tissue necrosis and antibiotics aren't going to do much to stop it. You wouldn't want to wait til it "gets worse."

Saeleofu

I hate page limits. I finished my paper, and maxed out my 4-page limit. I even tweaked the margins a teeny tiny bit to get my last couple sentences on the 4th page. But this is a 100 point paper in a 250 point class, and I don't feel like 4 pages is long enough. I couldn't go into much depth on anything because there were a certain list of things that ALL needed to be covered, and by the time they were all covered briefly I was out of room (this is a captive management protocol for red foxes, by the way).

crazedACD

Reminds me. . .ACDs are very popular in my area. A couple of people here breed/have bred them. Out of the many I've met, I don't think I've ever met one with an undocked tail. I thought it was a show tradition at first, but I was wrong, obviously.
Then I thought it must be the other end -work- but only a few of these dogs did any herding or work that would impact the safety of their tails.
I see it all the time but can't find a reason. Maybe there's a very obvious reason ACDs are so often docked without a second thought and I'm just stupid. But I don't get it.
People are stupid :D. ACDs should have a tail, especially working dogs, they use it as a rudder. There is a breed (Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog) that is similar to the ACD and is bred without a tail (or docked) so I figure maybe that's what people are thinking.

If you got bitten by an ACTUAL brown recluse, there is something the hospital can do. Real recluse bites, even though they may start out looking and feeling like nothing, tend to cause very severe tissue necrosis and antibiotics aren't going to do much to stop it. You wouldn't want to wait til it "gets worse."
Yes indeed. They are bad bad and it can take a week or more to come into full effect. I would definitely check in with the doctor. Generally they have to debride the tissue around the bite...the quicker you do it, the less of an area there is to have to cut out. I had to carry my friend out of his house a week after he got bit by one on his leg. He was in the hospital for almost a week. Another friend was bit on the arm, had to have it debrided, and was in a sling forever.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Yikes, so it looks like I'll be going to the doctor, then.
It happened about 5 days ago, lancing it seemed to help a lot (eww), the antibiotic seem to be doing okay, but the center of the bite is still purple, which I learned can turn black when cells die (necrosis, as SevenSins said).
I guess since my aunt's bite was not so severe, it kind of chilled me out about everything.

I was going to add a comment about people being stupid about ACDs, but not going to the hospital for a brown recluse bite might rank me up there.
It's honestly doing better, but there's nothing like the internet to give you worst case scenarios and scare the crap outta you. :p

Members online

No members online now.