Who are you? 2013 Edition

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
An updated picture of me (I literally just took it - so now I have a picture of me that isn't almost a year old!):

Lyzelle

Nickname/Preferred name: Lyzelle - Lyz/Liz

About your dog(s): Zander, 8 year old Siberian Husky. He's a tad neurotic, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. <3

Interests: Photography, make up, all dog things, music, food, video games, COFFEE.

Favorite music: I like most music, just not country. I love musicals, too. Rocky Horror, Rent, Wicked, Moulin Rouge. My MP3 player has things like Atreyu, Garbage, Florence + the Machine, 3OH!3, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Cage the Elephant, Celldweller, HIM, George Micheal, Ludo is a major fave, Shiny Toy Guns, etc, etc.

Favorite book: Tibetan Book of the Dead, Sextrology(anyone interested in Astrology NEEDS THIS BOOK).

Favorite quote: Too many to even begin....

Random fact: One of my ancestors, Sebastian Fox, was a tax collector. One night, he was out and his horse spooked. He fell off, but his foot was caught in the stirrup and his horse dragged him home. He was nearly headless by the time they arrived. Thus, one of the MANY Headless Horsemen myths in Illinois. They also named the road after him, Fox Road. He was so many generations above me, maybe 6 or 7 back? Interesting none-the-less though!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Nickname/Preferred name: Grace

About your dog(s): Eve, 6 year old border collie. Best dog ever. Retired (for now, anyway) service dog.

Interests: Dog training. Video games. Art. Books. Music. Nothing incredibly out of the ordinary.

Favorite music: Favorite genre? Metal. I like all types, save country which I just can't seem to get into. Children of Bodom, Carcass, Omega Lithium, Lacuna Coil, Straight Line Stitch, Eluveitie, Amaranthe, Soilwork, In Flames, Parkway Drive, Arch Enemy... The list is long, but those are a few favorites. I also love dance music, rap, trance, dubstep, drum and bass. Love Pendulum, klaypex, zedd, the qemists, b-complex, slim thug and lil jon. :p

Favorite book: Song of Ice and Fire series by GRR Martin. Specifically a Storm of Swords.

Favorite quote: Don't has one.

Random fact: Also do not has one.

Two most recent pictures of me, both at work while I was bored.

Nickname/Preferred name: Terri
Occupation: ***** for monies....technically it's customer service (I think, or something) for the company that has the logistics contract with IBM.
About your dog(s):
Hudson is an almost 7 month old English Shepherd puppy. He's been the best puppy ever and has me totally hooked on the breed. I keep planning for puppy #2, but my husband has threatened me with death or divorce if I bring another dog home. I'm just biding my time... I did promise only 1 dog while we are still in NY, but when we move back to OH, no promises.
Interests: avoid all people and being a hermit.
Favorite music: Umm, pretty eclectic. I don't listen to the radio a lot, just CDs and my iPod. It's got a little of everything on it.
Favorite book: Is LOTR a cop-out answer?
Favorite quote: This is one I read when I was more involved with horses, but still....
"Don't be afraid of making a mistake with your horse. We all do. An we're all forgiven. The biggest mistake is to succeed at doing nothing." John Lyons
Random fact: Don't talk to me before I've finished my coffee or I will cut you

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!

Christmas picture, but whatever

Nickname/Preferred name: Alexis

About your dog(s):
Freckles - 9yr Beagle; my heart who started it all
Aiden - 3.5yr GSD; my reason for most things in life
Carma - 12.5wk GSD; reason I've been waking up multiple times throughout the night..And the bitch I will accomplish many great things with in sport
Penny - approx. 3.5yr Pit mix; techniclly the bf's dog but I love her as my own

Interests: dogs/dog sport (mainly IPO, though I'd love to get involved in agility, flyball, dock diving, anything else!), photography, hobby crafty type stuff (making collars/leases)

Favorite music: Mumford & Sons, Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, Florence & the Machine, lots of others, mostly folk typey stuff

Favorite book: Always been a Harry Potter girl, but I also really like Stephen King and Robin Cook.

Favorite quote: I couldn't pick one. I like lots of different song lyrics.

Random fact: I have one brachydactyly thumb.

Aiden and Carma

3.18.13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Aiden and I

IPO 2013 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

BF and I

Thanksgiving 2012 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Airn

Nickname/Preferred name: Airn is online name but my real name is Erinn. (Get it, get it?)
Occupation: Work at one of the top Wal Mart Neighborhood Markets in the country (Seriously, it's for rich people. And we have a lot of healthy food!)
About your dog(s): Gwen is a 2 year old (nearly, birthday's in April) Australian Kelpie (mix). We rescued her when she was 8 months old. She came with plenty of problems, but she is constantly improving. And we love her. : )
Interests: Music, dogs, animals at all. Gaming. I love to game. And to read. I'm fairly boring, though. I live on the lake so I love to swim and jet ski. And my family is big into ATVs, so I ride those sometimes. I love to be involved in my community, so I do a lot of volunteering and brain storming for my shelter. That's about it. I love the internet. :lol-sign:
Favorite music: Most music except rap and country. I usually do top 100 or whatever if I'm in the car. I also don't like classical but since my SO loves it and plays it, I tolerate it.
Favorite book: Looking For Alaska by John Green (It's a hard choice but since I just wrote about it, it wins)
Favorite quote: I have no idea. I'm not really big on quotes.
Random fact: Hmmm..... I have naturally curly hair. That's not very intersting, but it's all I've got for now :rolleyes: (And it used to be pretty long and I recently chopped it all off.) Oh! I always have to spell my first and last name. So... that's fun, right?

So, me

Gwen and I last summer

Gwen when we first got her

And me again

Paige

Let it be
Our forum is so freaking beautiful. SHARE THE PRETTY WITH ME

Nickname/Preferred name: This one is simple. Paige
About your dog(s): Bandit is my 8 year old Border Collie (possibly a mix) that I have had since I was 14. He's a pretty lively old man when outside but super mellow and ghost like when in the house. You wouldn't even know I had a dog 99% of the tiem.
Interests: Children, dogs, horses, healthy living
Favorite music: Oi! Punk
Favorite book: Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind
Favorite quote: Think of the solution, not the problem. Make changes, not excuses.
Random fact: I have eight siblings.

With each of my kids

SaraB

Nickname/Preferred name: Sara
About your dog(s):
Zuma is a 2 year old border collie mix that I adopted when she was 10 months old. I was looking for a sport dog and that's exactly what I got. I love her with all my heart, she is perfect. She currently competes in agility and disc dog and is my demo dog for my classes.

Zinga is a 1 year old australian koolie that was imported here last year along with Linds' Didgie. She has turned out to be exactly what I was hoping for, balls to the wall, happy, exuberant, and massively talented. She is currently training in agility, disc dog, dock diving and herding. Her disc career has started this season and she won first place in her very first competition. So excited to see what the future holds for this girl!'

Zip Tie is our newest addition. He is a 4 month old australian koolie that was imported with the intention of being my husband's dog. So far he has filled that role extremely well and I think they are both smitten with each other. He is doing foundation work for disc and will be dabbling in that sport as well as dock diving (hopefully!) and herding. Otherwise, his main job is to be a garage dog and to travel around with my husband to different car events.

Interests: Dogs. Not a whole much other than that. :rofl1: Hiking and photography I guess count too.
Favorite music: Pretty much anything nowadays other than most of the mainstream pop. Altnation is my XM station.
Favorite book: I have too many! Pretty much whichever one I'm reading at the time. I tend to have an obsessive personality, so my favorites switch regularly.
Favorite quote: Let it be.
Random fact: I'm a black belt in karate!

me by ZooomDog, on Flickr

me4 by ZooomDog, on Flickr

Last summer/fall during camping.

me1 by ZooomDog, on Flickr

What happens during family holidays.

me3 by ZooomDog, on Flickr

February, down in Florida.

me2 by ZooomDog, on Flickr

Zhucca

Lab Love
Nickname/Preferred name: My user name, Zhucca. Or Kelsey.
About your dog(s):Duke is a almost 3yr old Lab. Best dog ever, but I might be biased. :)

Interests: dogs, books, video games, geocaching, learning how to play piano, gardening.
Favorite music: I like everything. I know most people say this but it's true. I'm not picky. I like Daft Punk, Mumford & Sons, Rascal flatts, rob zombie, ladytron, 'dad rock' (bon jovi, def leppard), dropkick murphys, macklemore, dead can dance for 'zen' music, blah blah..
Favorite book: Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, and the lord of the rings trilogy.
Favorite quote: "Don't let the past steal your present."
--Terri Guillemets
Random fact: I was a red headed child until around 5 when I started going brunette.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Nickname/Preferred name: Either my real name (Kendall) or Paviche is fine!
Occupation: It was Dog Handler, now it's kind of... all sorts of things lol. Receptionist covers most of it but I still get to work with the dogs one-on-one!
About your dog(s): Rowan is a 6 1/2 year old Brittany that I adopted from NBRAN a few weeks before I turned 17. He's the love of my life, one of the smartest dogs I've ever known, my best boy, and I don't know what I'd do without him! In December 2012 I adopted Riff, an Aussie/GSP mix. It was rocky at first (especially between him and Rowan) but he's turned into the sweetest, silliest dog and I'm so glad I stuck it through. He's not terribly bright, but he is SO sweet and SO goofy and makes me laugh every day.
Interests: Musicals, books, video games, dogs... mostly dogs :p
Favorite music: I don't know if I tend toward any genres in particular, but two of my favorite bands are Nickel Creek and The Postal Service.
Favorite book: Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies is one of my favorites! I also really enjoyed The Other End of the Leash. And, of course, Harry Potter. I am a huge Harry Potter freak.
Favorite quote: "Miserable dogs get upset and run around breaking stuff. Joyous dogs get excited and run around breaking stuff." I can't think of any of my favorite serious quotes right now. :p
Random fact: I have owned several rodents/small animals but the only one I'd be interested in having again is a rat. (Well, a pair, of course!) They were such fun pets and I miss my girls.

I don't have any of me with the boys unfortunately :( but here we are!

tzigane

Nickname/Preferred name: Julia
Occupation: Biology undergrad student/Photographer/Goat Cheese Salesman!
About your dog(s): Chester is the lowest maintenance, most laid-back, easy-going, perfect college student dog anybody could ever ask for. He is absolutely my best friend in the whole wide flipping world. He was a stray who followed me home when I was living in SC, and while in hind-sight it was really probably (not probably, it WAS) an irresponsible thing to keep him, I am so glad I did.
Interests: Science! Local food, cooking/baking, photography, horses, violin
Favorite music: Andrew Bird.
Favorite book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (Barbara Kingsolver), Good Omens (Gaiman/Pratchett), Sword of Truth Series (Terry Goodkind)
Favorite quote: "Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things." -Fydor Dostoyvsky
Random fact: My spine is backwards.

You're in luck (or... not)! I've been forcing myself to do more self-portraits because I am insanely uncomfortable in front of the camera, and that goes into when I'm doing human portraits, too. So I actually have photos of me, (even if they're not traditional portraits)!

Exhausted by Julia Carol Photography, on Flickr

Walden (color) by Julia Carol Photography, on Flickr

So you can actually see my face, the day my friend spontaneously showed up with a foster for me, with the foster:

And Chester:

Spring by Julia Carol Photography, on Flickr

Patience by Julia Carol Photography, on Flickr

Dogs_089-Edit-Edit by Julia Carol Photography, on Flickr

Lyzelle

Nickname/Preferred name: Lyzelle - Lyz/Liz

About your dog(s): Zander, 8 year old Siberian Husky. He's a tad neurotic, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. <3

Interests: Photography, make up, all dog things, music, food, video games, COFFEE.

Favorite music: I like most music, just not country. I love musicals, too. Rocky Horror, Rent, Wicked, Moulin Rouge. My MP3 player has things like Atreyu, Garbage, Florence + the Machine, 3OH!3, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Cage the Elephant, Celldweller, HIM, George Micheal, Ludo is a major fave, Shiny Toy Guns, etc, etc.

Favorite book: Tibetan Book of the Dead, Sextrology(anyone interested in Astrology NEEDS THIS BOOK).

Favorite quote: Too many to even begin....

Random fact: One of my ancestors, Sebastian Fox, was a tax collector. One night, he was out and his horse spooked. He fell off, but his foot was caught in the stirrup and his horse dragged him home. He was nearly headless by the time they arrived. Thus, one of the MANY Headless Horsemen myths in Illinois. They also named the road after him, Fox Road. He was so many generations above me, maybe 6 or 7 back? Interesting none-the-less though!
New pictures require update!

Two most important people in my life right now:

Best BIL and SIL evaaaah. Despite the divorce with Jin, they are a huge part of "Who I am" right now!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Nickname/Preferred name: Kat/Tree/Oak

About your dog(s): Suzie: Spaniel mix, extremely laid back, but at the same time she is the smartest one in the bunch. Quite capable at getting her way.
Jack: Pointer mix, extremely bouncy, and sensitive. When we take him to the dog park, he will run the entire time we're there. We have to limit him because he will become extremely skinny if we're not careful.

Interests: Dogs, Sports (frisbee, softball, volleyball...) TV, family, whatever floats my boat.

Favorite music: I like a little bit of everything. Country, rap, hiphop, pop, classical, indie etc...

Favorite book: Terry Pratchet books.

Favorite quote: I can't pick a favorite color, much less a favorite quote.

Random fact: I've never had a boyfriend.

Members online