Who are you? 2013 Edition

Nickname/Preferred name: It's Stephanie. Friends may call me Steph.
Occupation: Putting in my two weeks at the shelter I work at, just got hired to rehabilitate dogs and get my CPDT-KA. Dream big for a CAAB down the road.
About your dog(s): Pack of god **** angels.
Interests: Dogs, tattoos (finishing my sleeve this year!), hair.
Favorite music: A decent mix of things. Stuff like The National, Drive by Truckers, The Mountain Goats, The Hold Steady, Neko Case, Tom Gabel.. then stuff like Bane, The Refused, Every Time I Die.. then Gaga, Britney, Justin Bieber.
Favorite book: As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.
Favorite quote: That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be. P.C. Hodgell.
Random fact: Around the bar scene in town a ton of people know me, but not my name. Know me as Gaga of Kalamazoo. I'd post a photo showing why, but it's a lot of skin.

Me:

Dags:

And foster lady for good measure:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
And, go!

Nickname/Preferred name: Erm, Kimberly, but Charlie or CD is fine, and what I prefer on the interwebs
About your dog(s): Nutterbeans, the lot of them. 4 fulltime dogs, 1 parttimer
Interests: Dogs. Doctor Who. Harry Potter. Fanfiction. Making things. Journals. Writing.
Favorite music: Modest Mouse will forever have a large part of my heart. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have the other part.
Favorite book: God. I can't think of just one. I tend to live in the books until I'm done with them, and the one I finished most recently is the one I think of the most often. But if I had to pick, I'd have to say "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman
Favorite quote: “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.†- G.K. Chesterton
Random fact: My knees and hips are double jointed.

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!
Same photo as last year, because I still love it, and it's the closest to what I actually look like. My hair is shorter though :p

Hillside

Original Twin
Nickname/Preferred name: Corrie or on here, Hillsie or Hilly or any variation of Hillside
About your dog(s):Saga- 5.5 year old Doberman and Nico-2 year old Malinois
Interests:dogs, tattoos, cooking, working out
Favorite music: anything from punk rock to old rock and roll to old reggae, etc
Favorite book: The Outlander series
Random fact: I used to tour with a band

Saga:

Nico:

PawsibleDogs

Crazy Dog Nerd
Nickname/Preferred name: Jenn
Occupation: Dog trainer / student (Vet Tech program), hopefully re-adding veterinary assistant to that list as well soon.
About your dog(s): Dewy (10 yr. old Sheltie), Rio (9 yr. old Sheltie), Merlin (8 yr. old Sheltie), Potion (2 yr. old Border Collie).
Interests: dog sports (top 3 being agility, obedience, and herding), pedigree research, structure, physical therapy/sports medicine, tinkering with technology
Favorite music: Not overly picky - I like some things from all genres. Most likely to listen to variety stations that play 70's - current pop/rock/etc.
Favorite book: Favorite non-dog book is A Wrinkle In Time... favorite dog book is Grisha Stewart's Behavior Adjustment Training.
Favorite quote: “The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now†-- Zig Ziglar
Random fact: 8 years after my first college class, I finally found a major that fits and I love. :dunno:

What really happens on this side of the computer

Dewy, Rio, Potion, Merlin

Me

Red.Apricot

Nickname/Preferred name: Apricot is fine.
Occupation: Grad student - biology. I'm a TA, which is so much fun. I'm finding that I really enjoy teaching.
About your dog(s): Elsie is my dog, she's a two year old tervling, and Zobby's my boyfriend's peke/pit/monster, lol. He's going to be seven in April.

Zobby!

Elsie!

Interests: Besides dogs and biology, I like horror movies, reading, hiking, biking, yoga, and being crafty. I also draw and paint, and I'm trying to learn a few different computer programs, although those are mostly for work.
Favorite music: Old country music mostly. I've been listening to a lot of John Prine and quite a bit of Steve Earle lately.
Favorite book: The Hobbit by Tolkien.
Favorite quote: Currently it seems to be, 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'
Random fact: My favorite color is orange.

Torch

Nickname/Preferred name: Melissa
About your dog(s): Henry is an awesome muttley boy. He's 6 years old and been with us for 5 years now. He's very sweet, gentle, and funny.
Interests: Spending time with my family. Reading, the interwebs, being outside, exercising with Henry.
Favorite music: I listen to everything. I love r&b and soul. Sam Cooke is one of my favorite artists. But I have favorites in every genre.
Favorite book: The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy.
Favorite quote: "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender."-Tupac. I have "Never Surrender" tattooed on my back.
Random fact: I'm very shy. No one believes it because I work in customer service and am a good conversationalist. But I grew up painfully shy. It wasn't until high school and college that I could even talk to strangers. I still prefer peace and quiet over big parties and gatherings. I'm not overly social.

My sweet boy.

cutie by chance1191, on Flickr

me by chance1191, on Flickr

IMAG1601 by chance1191, on Flickr

IMG_1085 by chance1191, on Flickr

k9krazee

Name: Ashley

Dogs:
Sir Cody Crossbone- 1.5 yo ACD/Terrier
Jack - 8 yo Lab/Beagle who lives with my parents

Interests: Dog sports, dog training, traveling, 4 day weekends, family & friends, Michigan breweries, my job

Fav. Quote: Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

I like all books and am a movie noob

Random fact: I have a twin brother!

Me, Jack & Crossbone

Me with the man I'll marry this year

Just the Cattle Pirate

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Nickname/Preferred name: Julee

About your dog(s): Perma-Dogs:
Embyr - 4.5 - lab mix - service dog
Copper - almost 4 - American Foxhound
Shadow - 10 - lab
Fosters:
Deke - 15 months - Anatolian Shepherd mix - service dog in training
Bloo - 2 years - pittie

Interests: Dogs. Other animals, nutrition (both animals and human), photography, MTG. Dogs. Dogs. More dogs.

Favorite music: Country

Favorite book: I don't think I have one at the moment! I like a lot of random stuff.

Favorite quote:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Random fact:
I still have a baby tooth. I dropped out of high school at 15 to do what I love. I play Magic The Gathering every Friday night with my boyfriend at a card shop.

Emmy and I:

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Nickname/Preferred name: Oko or Tea, last one is a variation of my rl.
About your dog(s): Wesley is a 2 year old standard poodle. Futurepuppy/Nicer (stand in name haha) is a border collie that only exists in my imagination.
Interests: Tennis, photography, computer programming, animal behavior, animal training, all things dog, and EATING.
Favorite music: A little bit of everything, really.
Favorite book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Favorite quote: "Faint heart never won fair lady" (hahaha)
Random fact: I can turn one eye inward and roll the other. It's very cute.

No pics, not on the right comp.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Nickname/Preferred name: Lauren
About your dog(s):

Summer- 8 1/2 years young, female papillon. Sweetest dog that can be. Kind of crazy and neurotic but a heart of gold.
Mia- almost 4 year old papillon. Resident brat and tennis ball nut. My best friend.

Interests: Art, photography, dogs, dog sports
Favorite music: Rock
Favorite book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Favorite quote: Dunno
Random fact: I'm allergic to penicillin. And I'm terrified of heights. (I really couldn't think of anything!)

Can't get to pictures right now.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Nickname/Preferred name: Andrea

About your dog(s):
Chloe - 6 year old Collie/Aussie mix - lives with my parents, likely permanently
Cynder - 7 year old Lab/Spaniel mix - Mike's dog
Cooper - 3 year old Yorkie - lives with Mike, mostly "his dog"
Gracie - 4 year old Dachshund - lives with Mike, mostly "my dog"
FuturePuppy will be coming in June, if the stars align. He will be a Chesapeake.

Interests: dogs, animals in general, reading, video games (RPG), anime, other fun nerdy things

Favorite music: gothic symphony, I think is the genre. Intense music, good vocals.

Favorite book: How about favorite series? Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files and Kim Harrison's The Hollows.

Favorite quote: "Nothing's ever easy."

Random fact: I've been playing the piano since I was six years old and I LOVE it.

(I'm second from the left.)

And, go!

Nickname/Preferred name: Allison

About your dog(s): Obi is my heart- he is a 6 year old, permanently incorrigible boxer mix. He drives me crazy but he has a heart of gold. He is a blood donor and he has been used for education in schools and has worked at a hospice program for kids who have lost a parent.

Buddy is my soul. She is a 13 year old pit type who embodies everything I've ever wanted in a dog. She is soul shine.

Both are adopted from the HS.

Interests: politics, BSL, HGTV, travel, my husband.

Favorite music: eclectic. Whatever makes me happy but my car radio is always tuned to CBC radio.

Favorite book: I like memoirs. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt is the first one that popped in to my head. But also Night by Elie Wiesel.

Favorite quote: (even though I'm agnostic)

People are often unreasonable, illogical,
and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone
could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Random fact: I met my husband in high school on a trip to Washington DC even though he only lived 20 minutes away and my mom used to work for his grandpa.

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!

Me (in my current state)

Obi:

Buddy:

Taqroy

Nickname/Preferred name: Taqroy or Taq

About your dog(s):
In order of acquisition
Murphy - an almost 10 (!!!) year old Bernese Mtn Dog/Basset mix. The easiest and fluffiest dog I will probably ever own.
Mu - an almost 4 year old ACD/Corgi mix. Random words that describe this dog: smart, evil, adorable, angry, lovey, hungry, and stark raving mad.
Tipper - 4-5 year old ACD/Corgi mix. Random words that describe this dog: barky, hilarious, awesome, cuddly, orange, weird, and barky.

Interests: Dogs, training, knitting, sewing, hiking, outdoors, camping
Favorite music: I have very random taste in music.
Favorite book: There's no way I could pick only one.
Random fact: I curse a lot. Like, really a lot. I tone it down in public but....yeah.

PICTURES!
My boys. <3

IMG_9690 by taqroy, on Flickr

My girls

Untitled by taqroy, on Flickr

And me and Matt on New Year's.

IMG_9167-EditB&amp;W by taqroy, on Flickr

BostonBanker

Nickname/Preferred name: Boston

About your dog(s):
Meg: Perfection in canine form. Rescued at a year from a high kill shelter, the kindest dog ever with humans, serenades every cat she sees, best snuggler on the planet, has her PDCH (agility championship) and basically gets whatever she wants at this point.

Gusto: My half BC/half alien puppy. Rescued, for the second and last time in his life, at about 5 weeks from an abandoned trailer. Is convinced the world exists for his pleasure and amusement. Believes that gravity is optional. Makes me laugh more than I ever though possible. Is madly in love with my horse. Slowly learning to be an agility star, when he isn't too busy eating pigeon poop or doing handstands on the jumps.

Interests: Dogs, especially agility and training. Dressage. Photography. Reading. That's about all the interests I can afford!
Favorite music: Broadway musicals, some newer folk-ish stuff (Avett Brothers especially), some fairly mainstream stuff (Coldplay, Snow Patrol) some country.
Favorite book: Good Omens, right now. Ask me tomorrow, it may be something else. Good Omens stays near the top anyway.
Random fact: I have six screws and 4 metal plates in my head.

I can't recall the last time I had a picture taken of myself. I'm usually the one holding the camera! Here's the kids though.

Gusto:

Meg:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Nickname/Preferred name: Nolu. Noly. Nolusaurus. Saurus if I really like you.
About your dog(s): Middie is 7 years old and adorable. And not exactly the brightest crayon in the box.
Interests: Cars. Dogs. Photography. Diesel mechanics. Baking. GQ. Apartment Therapy.
Favorite music: Indielectronicapop. That is my new genre.
Favorite book: The Catswold Portal. Favorite recent books: A Song of Ice and Fire..
Random fact: I have officially adopted gin & tonic as my new drink of choice. I'M NOT EVEN THIRTY YET, PEOPLE.

My dog:

IMG_8329 by noludoru, on Flickr

Me (I only look like this for work):

NEWYEARS by noludoru, on Flickr

Both of us:

IMG_8377 by noludoru, on Flickr

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Nickname/Preferred name: Real name is Leah, people here call me Sizzle.
About your dog(s): Kaylee (Doberman, 5yrs) Jayne (Doberman, 3yrs) Revy (Pembroke Welsh Corgi, 3yrs) Tallahassee (Mexidog, 1yr) Poison (Doberman Pinscher, born 12-12-12)
Interests: dogs... photography. That's about it.
Favorite music: I listen to everything and anything. At home I usually have NPR's All Songs Condiered playing though.
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite quote: "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince
Random fact: I'm the only person under the age of 60 in my immediate AND extended family.

One of the only photos of me... I hate having my picture taken, unless I'm with a scary dog, of course. ;)

Nickname/Preferred name: Megan

About your dog(s):
Missy - 6 year old Rottweiler.
Jack - 5 year old Lhasa Apso.

I also have a cat, Sassy, and two parakeets, Oscar and Emmy. And a betta named Charlie Sheen.

Interests: Dogs, cats, animals in general, reading, music

Favorite Music: I'll listen to anything once. But country is definitely my favorite.

Favorite Book: I don't really have a favorite, it changes constantly. I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy, I really liked those.

Favorite Quote: "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Random Fact: I really, really hate having my picture taken and I'm not photogenic at all. So...the same picture that I used in the 2011 and 2012 threads...me and Jack my senior year of high school...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nickname/Preferred name: Ally
About your dog(s): Juno: Almost-4-year-old Boxer.
Happy: 12ish year old keeshond? Border collie? Something? mix.
Lucy: 7 year old bichon/poodle mix
Pictures in my sig!
Interests: Sleeping, eating, shopping
Favorite music: I'll listen to just about anything, most commonly top 40 stuff just because it's convenient lol.
Favorite book: Er... The Hunger Games series, Harry Potter series, Divergent series.
Favorite quote: "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart"
Random fact: I will literally squeal like a little girl if I see a spider.

Old photo! I don't usually make appearances though lol. I'm sure I'll have an updated one with Juno next month when it's her birthday :p

Equinox

Nickname/Preferred name: Grace

About your dog(s): Trent, 4 year old German Shepherd Dog. Awesome dog of everlasting patience, good humor, and all around incredible-ness.

Interests: Listening to music, shopping, clothes and shoes, watching movies, food, picture taking and photography.

Favorite music: Lana Del Rey, Ed Sheeran, Vienna Teng, Birdy, Bon Iver, Laura Veirs, Florence + The Machine, and Ludovico Einaudi (piano instrumentals). Like Fran, I also love film scores, especially the ones from How To Train Your Dragon, We Bought A Zoo (Jónsi and Sigur Ros), and Cloud Atlas (Tom Tykwer and Johnny Klimek). And I love, love, love listening to musical soundtracks from Les Misérables and Moulin Rouge!.

Favorite book: Merle's Door by Ted Kerasote, and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.

Favorite quote:

“That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves.â€
— Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain.

“Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Being alone is a neutral state; it is like a blind fish at the bottom of the ocean: without eyes, and therefore without judgement. That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me. The subjective nature of loneliness, which is something that exists in the mind, not in the world, and, like a virus, is unable to survive without a willing host.â€
— Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain.

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.â€
— John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

Random fact: I used this last year, but I still can't ride a bicycle. I'm surprised that Oregon hasn't kicked me out yet!

Members online

No members online now.