Walking/Running ____ Miles in 2013?

Well, hope everybody did better this past week than I did! Between the bitter temps and a knock-down drag out with the flu, I've only done a couple spins on my treadmill. Hopefully I'll be able to make up a bit in the next couple of weeks, if I can ever get out of bed.

Torch

Doing ok here. I haven't quite broken 30 miles. I'm not counting what I walk at work (a least a mile a day) and also when I go to the gym. I'm only counting miles I walk with Henry since my goal was to increase my time and distance with him.

I have been so tired getting home from work that I usually only squeeze in a brisk 30-45 minute speed walk. I need to up that to an hour and increase time on weekends too.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Well, I picked up a free treadmill yesterday, and I'm sick today. I'm three weeks behind, but I'm going to shoot for 1k miles by the end of the year. That's just over 90 per month, so around 3 daily. I think I can do it.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I swim& run ..I haven't been running due to icy roads& broken shoe spikes. So I've been swimming about 2k/ 5 times a week+ a 4- 7k hike once a week with Miss Penny. I'll be back to running as soon as the roads are cleared.

Is anyone on Daily Mile? If yes, look me up :D

I am SO going to have a huge amount of mileage to catch up on! After my little bout with Norwalk I lost a little steam, now my knees are shot all to heck again. Not sure if it's because of my lack of exercise or this wonderful Ontario weather. *snow*, *snow*, *snow*, *thaw*, *thaw*, *thaw*, *rain*, *overnight freeze*, then the cycle starts again. Today it's raining, weathernetwork says snow by afternoon.

Yeah, been slacking, but the sidewalks are clear now for the most part now. Wish I had kept up with the treadmill the past couple months. Ouch.

GipsyQueen

I'm game - except I'm Mountian Biking - if thats alright :p I'm not big on walking, so I bike. I did make it my goal to ride 1500km this year. I started Monday and rode again yesterday hitting 103km in total now.

Oh man, I need new shoes/hiking boots... or new feet. But I'm SO enjoying looking for signs of spring while walking. No robins yet, but soon!

38.5mi walk/run so far, and about 90 on the bike. Way behind schedule on all the goals. Especially the bike where I want 2500 miles. Working back to where I can do 60-100 mile days.

Bumping this one up...

Anybody still keeping track? Over my busy summer absence I seem to have lost my ticker banner, hmmm.

I was shooting a bit high thinking I could do 1,000 miles so recalculated my goal to 500 miles (pretty much so I could have a theme song). I don't really count the dog walking because all the stopping/starting sometimes blows the program's little mind and my boy was fixed later in life so he thinks it's his sworn duty to mark every single tree (or heck, a blade of grass that's longer than the rest). Also missed most of the hikes because I just never thought to turn the darned thing on. (Excuses... excuses... :D )

So, it's October and I'm at 438 miles, my new goal is (knock on wood) definitely in reach.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yea still keeping track but my 750 mile goal was waaaay off. >.< I'm at 166.5 miles currently.

So maybe it's like the "Eyes bigger than stomach" phenomena? You know, when you have a full chocolate cheesecake in front of you with the intentions of eating the whole thing, then you can't? Same thing. Those miles certainly looked doable at the beginning of the year, then reality strikes.

Oh, who am I trying to kid? No such phenomena, that cheesecake would have been a plate of crumbs the minute I set eyes on it.

Members online

No members online now.