Default Behavior?

What's your guy's dogs default behavior when you're training, they want something, they're frustrated, when they're happy etc.

Traveler when he's super excited he jumps into my (or anyone else around) arms over and over and over again. Sara can attest to that :rofl1:

When I'm training and he's frustrated or we've just started shaping and he's trying out behaviors is backing up things or back leg lifts. I was just working on backwards weaves through my legs and everytime he gets frustrated he turns around and backs up my dresser.

And when he wants something like a treat it's sit pretty since I find it adorable and reward him every single time he does it. Cause it's just so freaking cute.

Didgie? Angry barking and snapping jaws. Wants something? BARK AT IT! Frustrated? BARK AT IT! Excited? BARK AT IT!

CaliTerp07

Lucy sees the clicker come out and starts smacking things with her paw. When that doesn't work, she'll down and start smacking stuff with her paws from a down. When that doesn't work, she'll start nosing things.

When we were really working handstands, that was her default behavior--but now it's number two or three in line.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Bark. Barkbarkbarkbark. Frustration bark, excited bark, annoyed bark, just bark. God **** its annoying.

Or if I ask her to do something, no matter what I ask, she'll offer her paw.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I suppose sitting is usually her first move.

From there she just cycles through everything. Offer a paw, beg, smack her nose into something, lie down, roll over.

When she is really frustrated and gives up all hope, she just lays down and rests her head and lets out a big sigh.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bamm's default is to smack ALL the things around him with his paw hoping for me to click/treat.

Cricket always paws her nose right away since "Where's your nose?" is the trick that seems to have stuck in her head the strongest lol.

Joey just sits.

SaraB

Traveler when he's super excited he jumps into my (or anyone else around) arms over and over and over again. Sara can attest to that :rofl1:
Even when you don't catch him!! My jacket got thrown in the wash as soon as I got home. :rofl1:

Didgie? Angry barking and snapping jaws. Wants something? BARK AT IT! Frustrated? BARK AT IT! Excited? BARK AT IT!
That's Zinga. Almost like they are related or something.

Maxy24

If he wants attention he brings out the high five. But during training sessions he bows and spins...and sneezes but that's just a frustration behavior.

FG167

When I'm training and he's frustrated or we've just started shaping and he's trying out behaviors is backing up things or back leg lifts.
This is what Limit does first...then it leads to:

Angry barking and snapping jaws. Wants something? BARK AT IT! Frustrated? BARK AT IT! Excited? BARK AT IT!
This is Kastle's default as well. Then if I ignore that it is a combination of barking and flipping his butt every which way, into heel, in between my legs, around me etc etc (I started his flip finish very young...LOL).

Eden does insanely adorable behaviors and offers things that I would never think to ask her to do - which is how she "learned" a good majority of her tricks :D She is sooo cute!

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Right now, Kimma is in to backing up on things/back leg lifts, as well as waving. If that doesn't work, she will interact with whatever is around her in some way, usually by bringing things to me like a retrieve or by bopping things with her nose/paws. If THAT doesn't work, the last resort is to lay down with her head on the ground and let out a long sigh. Jumping on things is also a possibility with her.

Pentti's and Bubbles' default is a down/barking at things, and T's is a sit.

Pip either just... stares, or sits over and over again. Like, S-I-T-S in that butt-slamming, LOOK AT ME I AM SITTING way that some dogs have.

Maisy just gets more and more intense and focused but eventually something breaks and she gets all wiggly instead.

Squash... oh, Squash. Sometimes he will roar and jump up in the air. Not jump ON me, but just sort of pogo stick. Often ending with a nose punch to my face. Usually that's either when he's learning something completely new or when he is getting bored of training. Sometimes, usually if we're practicing something relatively new to him but that he does "get" but hasn't mastered, he gets this real odd look on his face that's like a combination of deep thought and complete vacancy. Then he'll either reallllly slowly ease into the correct behavior, or start enthusiastically doing semi-random tricks or behaviors... sit pretty or flinging himself into a ridiculously dramatic down are the most common.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Bow.

Shimmy back.

Bow.

Bow harder.

Lay down.

Head between paws.

Stare.

Sigh.

Tuck head back against elbow.

Bark.

Run off.
So much cute.

Arnold is probably backing up, barking, or heel pivots.

Backup is weaving Btwn my legs and screaming or spinning right and left. Also the hold and bark is most common.

Sloan is heel pivots and begging and slamming into you jumping.

Shamoo is being adorable.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer does whatever her last learned trick is. It used to be play dead. So she'd just fall over. Then fall over again. And again. Now she does 'Shame on you'. And then it regresses into just slapping the ground with her right paw and looking confused.

Mia... oh boy..... Dance spinspinspinspinspin jump smack whatever's on the ground spinspinspin hop backwards bark bark bark chirp spin roll over spin spin spin back up spin chirp bark bark bark bark. All at warp speed. She frustrates very easily and when she does... And it just escalates.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzys default is roll over. Enzo's is touch or down. Knox is bash whatevers closest with his head or feet and Indy's is to jump on you :p

Boone's default behavior is raising his front right leg, as many of you have seen in his videos. It's the first thing he offers, and he offers it continually as we train. When he's frustrated, he'll bark.

Sekah

The Monster.
This is a bit of an old thread, but...

When I'm working on Cohen's handstand and she gets tired, she'll bark, spin once then bow with her tail wagging.

A less specific default behaviour is the sphinx down with her head down when I try to free-shape.

Lyzelle

Zander screams. Yells. Lots of noise.

If given any hint of a cue(like just putting your hand at your side) he'll rush into bow or down. His favorite go-to's.

But mostly he just yells.

Brattina88

Madrid sits and rolls over and then tries to shake which ends up being more of a wave and then barks.

Bailey's default is down, run in circles, bark, smack you with her paws, bark, woowoo, BARK.... down... Did I mention BARK?

:p

Members online