New Digs

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Today Bandit and Artic are very happy birds. As you know we had them in an adaquate cage size, essecially since they came out for several hours a day. Well today I was scanning Kijiji which I do on a regular basis to find great deals. And a lady who had had love birds was getting rid of her cage for $40. It is much taller then what our two are used to. Not as long or wide but still much bigger. It is L 17 1/2 inchs, W 13 inchs, and height is 34 inchs. So much bigger. Has 6 doors, 7 if you include the large door that opens. The other cage only had 3 sliding doors and one large. Now they can have 5 perches, 3 going one way and 2 going a different way. Plus lots more toys. They still get fed outside of their cage so you can see the dishes on the outside of it. I love also the shelf under it. So I can now keep all their supplies right there witht he cage and it is on rollers. Plus now they have the whole window to look out of instead of just a small section of their cage and now my desk has more room.

Here are some pictures. Sorry about some being so dark. I had to close the blind behind but even then the shots are dark.

Their training is coming along great too. They have learned that if they fly off the cage and come back to it that we will leave them be. If they land off the cage then I will usually follow. They have learned what UP means and will readily get on my finger or Dougs. They are also riding on our shoulders now too.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
They are loving it. I am glad I worked so hard on training the two of them. It made the move from the first cage to this one so much simpler. This means we need more toys now though. lol I clean their perches, dishes and paper once a week and at the same time change the toys in the cage. Every two weeks the cage gets scrubbed down.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Thanks. They are enjoying it. For a while they just stayed on the top perches. Now they are all over the place. I find the cutest thing is when they do their bobbing dance back and forth in front of the door to let me know they want out. I guess they would consider me easy to train. lol

Members online

No members online now.