Newbie with a new dog

My handle makes it pretty obvious, but I'm Cassie. ;) Currently I'm an undergrad at Washington State University majoring in Animal Science, and should graduate next semester. My primary interests are animal genetics and behavior, particularly how the two are related. I'm tentatively planning on getting a PhD or DVM specializing in animal behavior (particularly canine). Since I'm a WSU student I have access to thousands of scientific journals, so if anybody has a pressing interest they'd like looked up I'd be willing to help out (when I have time that is!).

Currently I have 2 cats, Quincy (Manx) and Griffyn (Desert Lynx) as well as an axolotl, Ruby. I'm in the process of adopting a Heeler and should be getting her on Feb 10. In August '06 I had to euthanize my Cane Corso, Stella, due to pathologic aggression. It was heartbreaking and it's still tough. She was my canine soulmate and still my yardstick, in spite of the problems we had. :(

On a happier note, I'm really looking forward to this new dog as she's completely different from Stella, a polar opposite. I think she's going to respond really well to clicker and positive reinforcement training, and can't wait to see what tricks we can learn together! :D

Oski

GSD lover
Hi Cassie, Welcome...Im new too!

Sorry to hear about your doggie :( but its nice to hear that you are back in the spirits of getting a new one..good luck! :)

Jackie

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hey! I'm an undergrad at Texas A&M studying genetics. Still got two years left to get through at least though. (I'm envious of you there) I thought about going the biochem/DVM route, but I am not really looking into it anymore.

Anyways, welcome to chaz! I can't wait to see heeler puppy pics! XD

Hi Cassie.....welcome to Chaz!!! It's very nice to have you here!! I'm your neighbor...I live in Oregon right on the border of Washington. I grew up in Washington and went to college at Central in Ellensburg. I look forward to chatting with you soon!:)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound!
I'm so sorry about your loss.
Congrats on your almost-new oup!

mamamia

welcome to chaz. uhm speaking from past experience on chazhound. u will become an addict, trust me.lmao

Thanks for the welcome! I don't have my new girl yet (Sat!), but once I do you can be sure I'll post a slew of pix! ;)

Members online

No members online now.