australian labradoodle

bubbatd

Sorry , but I do believe that there are some dedicated breeders in this field and some day the Australian breeding will be recognized . Still doesn't make a Lab/poodle cross here acceptable . It takes many years to establish a new breed .

Chrissy&B

As far as know there's nothing wrong with Australian breeding lines. They have a standard and they do test for hereditary diseases all ones used for breeding.......

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Sorry , but I do believe that there are some dedicated breeders in this field and some day the Australian breeding will be recognized . Still doesn't make a Lab/poodle cross here acceptable . It takes many years to establish a new breed .
I agree grammy...

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
i think its okay if they dont breed poodles to labs and they dont charge crazy prices,
also i dont agree with breeding at all even with purebreds, unless its for a reason,

i couldnt care less if they were mixing, and i'm sure there are some great breeders of labradoodles but the typical labradoodle breeder is only in it for money,

Dr2little might be able to help in this subject :D

bubbatd

I believe hers is the Australian bred and is of the standard achieved .

RD

Are you dead yet?
I met 3 adult Australian (import) Labradoodles and two puppies at an agility trial over the summer. They aren't anything like the Lab/Poodle mixes here in the U.S. They have very consistent type and are bred to a standard, health tested etc.

To the extent of my knowledge, they are treated as a breed in Australia, not a designer mix "created" in order to earn $$$.

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Nope, not treated like a breed. Most people still lump them in with the designer mutts. Mostly because the majority of people breeding 'labradoodles' are still breeding first gen. lab x poodles.

I do concede that there are some people who 'appear' to be trying to create a new breed and have it recognised though. I'm still in two minds about those particular people. Mostly because it's far to common for people involved in these sorts of dogs to lie through their teeth (especially to people in different countries). I have a hard time believing them or trusting them. But that's just me and my jaded attitude though. ;)

Cass.

Members online

No members online now.