Backpacks?

Lyzelle

I had a GraniteGear (or maybe RuffWear?) pack a while back, but I can't seem to find it. I can only assume it's at my mothers' house. That's okay, because I really didn't like it anyway.

The one I had made a habit of sliding back or down, it was only secured in the front and under by plastic buckles. The straps were ridiculous long, and it was only a medium, but after 10 minutes or so I had to readjust because they came loose. The packs themselves were really unstable, not secure at all. And the whole thing was lined in fleece, so Zander overheated pretty quick. I think I paid around $40 for it, and it was really durable, but the fit and overall design was terrible.

So I'm looking for a new one! Price isn't a huge issue, but $100 or under would be nice. It'll just be a general pack for him to wear while walking and when we hit the trails this summer. Breathable would be nice, of course, and a somewhat secure and sleek design, so it isn't bouncing all over the place.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or any brands they really like/hate?

Lyzelle

Just water, portable bowl, extra leash or whatever, nothing big or out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the suggestion, I really liked the review. I like the design too. I'm a bit cautious about the front strap part, but I couldn't see it causing it as much trouble as my old one, since this one looks like it goes down between the front legs.

yoko

@SizzleDog I read your review and had a quick question. How long have you had it and has it held up? I've bought Yoshi a couple backpacks. One wasn't great quality the second seemed decent but there seemed to be a lot of wear just from basic use.

I do like how they sit on the dog.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I've had them for maybe 8-9 months. So far, so good... seems like ruffwear packs are made quite well. :)

Lyzelle

Have you had any issues with the straps coming loose? That was my major complaint on the last one, I always had to readjust it because the straps would slip through and come loose. A few reviews on this pack say the same thing.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Have you had any issues with the straps coming loose? That was my major complaint on the last one, I always had to readjust it because the straps would slip through and come loose. A few reviews on this pack say the same thing.
Nope, I've never had to redo the straps... but perhaps body shape has something to do with it.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie had the Approach Pack from Ruffwear and she ended up outgrowing it when her chest finally dropped, I had it for about 6 months and now a friend's dog has it and it's going strong, I used it for rollerblading with her and never had to adjust the pack positioning or any of the straps at all, it was always super comfy for her and she didn't mind wearing it at all.

Members online

No members online now.