Impromptu Sunday afternoon bath

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Beautiful day today and I had about 2 hours before I had to head back to church for the evening fellowship program. I figured I'd take Xena for a nice walk. Let her get out some energy, relieve herself and go past the Pet Valu for a treat.

All went well until she pooped. Instead of breaking off, it kind of hung there and then the fun began. She started biting at it, rubbing her butt on the ground and generally smearing it everywhere (this is while I'm picking up what got on the ground). I found a discarded handkerchief on the ground and grabbed it to help her wipe up. I just made it worse. In the end, there was poop smeared all over her tail, back side, rear legs and stomach. :yikes:

I grabbed my cell and called home saying, "Draw a bath, we'll be there in a few minutes". We got her cleaned up and all. Did I mention that Xena get's "Wet Dog Zoomies"? :lol-sign:

Overall, it could have been worse, though. Never boring at the Casa del Q.

Last edited:

Catsi

:D They always seem to get dirty when you have other engagements, don't they?
I remember Abby rolling in what I think was flying fox (or possum) droppings about half an hour before we were due for a vets appointment. Nice.

Zoomies.... oh yes, can't have a bath, impromptu or otherwise, without zoomies afterward.

Oh the fun they get them selves in to when you don't have time for it.

I took Blaze and Bucky for a walk before work a few days ago. As soon as I seen Blaze run for the creek area, I knew there would be trouble. as there is a ton of burrs down there. he came back looking like a bur bush. I had a hour until I was due in to work. Rushed them home, and took 3 people 45mins to get them all of him. I actually had to shave some out as they were so so stuck.

ACooper

ROFLMAO!! I think they listen, plot, and PLAN these things hoping you'll just miss your engagements and stay home with them :rofl1: It's all just a bit too coincidental IMO, hahahahaha

Anyway, what a good doggie daddy you are eddie........I can't imagine Kevin doing that for either of ours, oh noooooooo, he'd walk them home with a poopy butt and hand the leash to me at the door! He's a great dad and husband, but when it comes to animal poop of any kind he runs the other way, LOL

Members online

No members online now.