They are ruining them!

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
My parents have been helping me out alot with the dogs since work has been nuts. Well I took Jazz for a walk yesterday. She digs in and pulls! They were both nuts. They feed them AT the table. Jazz now rests her head beside you plate while you are eating and Emma is right beside her. Now Emma doesnt want to eat her dog food again. It was such a fight to get her to eat regularly now I have to start over. Grr. I need and apreciate the help but my dogs are horible to live with now

SarahFair

RRR I know this feeling..
My MIL will watch them from time to time and they come back so so so..not like I left them.
A few hours of bad overdoes all the good.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I know what you mean. I think its even worse since I live at home. But if im not home Maggie gets away with murder along with my moms dog. And then when I come home its just enough to make me scream. Now its to the point that all I have to do is leave her in the room alone with them and they misbehave!

For example.

Maggie and Tucker both know that when anyone is eating they have to sit or lay on the other side of the living room (small living room) and stay until we are done. Well I am constantly enforcing that rule because crazy me I hate dogs in my plate. So lets say I leave the room to go to the bathroom. I come back in the room to find BOTH Maggie and Tucker on the couch in my moms face. What does she do? Quietly tells them no which does absolutely nothing. So I have to walk over and be "the bad guy".

Its so annoying because all Maggies bad habits come from my mom spoiling her.

Brattina88

I know exactly how you feel as well!!
My Mom asked me yesterday to help her train her puppy. I said "No, because you always undo the training that I do with the dogs." She just laughed :rolleyes:

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Im all for giving the dogs a bit of table scraps depending on what it is. But they ge it AFTER we finish eating and in thier dishes in the crates

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Im all for giving the dogs a bit of table scraps depending on what it is. But they ge it AFTER we finish eating and in thier dishes in the crates
Exactly! Im the same way table scraps are fine. But like you said after im finnished eating.

My mom is exactly the same way. I had some simple rules when she looked after Pit:
No begging, no barking, no going in the kitchen.

Frankly, I think I was expecting a miracle.. sigh. Just work extra hard to get them back to normal and hope your parents don't undo it again. :(

Members online

No members online now.