More Pitbull Dachshund Mixes

mojozen

bullie lover
On a whim I googled "pit bull dachshund" and i found these two girls....

Dallas and Dana

The head structure is the same... their legs are a bit more messed up than Mojo's... but looking at them is like looking at another Mojo in the face.

It's creepy in a way... I haven't seen very many dogs that look like mine does. This is the closest I've ever seen.

:eek:

mojozen

bullie lover
Mojo's legs are a bit turned out in front and he has really bad hips. Not to the extent as those girls... but it's still apparent if you study my dog's structure.

It's a messed up not very good cross to try... the structural problems are just nuts.

SOme examples:

Bad hips come in pairs - this happens the most when he turns his body or when he moves his legs in certain ways. My vets have said that the muscles have adapted and he has very muscular back legs, but surgery may need to be done in the future as he gets older. He's sometimes reluctant to climb stairs when it's cold and/or wet out... I am planning on talking to his vet about painkillers for him at his next appointment.

Old Photo -- Note front legs...

It's the hips that worry the most to be honest...

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Those dogs look pure bred. They are just victims of horrible breeding. Take a look at the pure pits in this website.... http://www.woodspits.com/
Is it just me or do their chests and legs look weird? If I'm wrong it's because I dont have that much experiance looking at them from this point of veiw.

R

rottiegirl

JennSLK said:
Is it just me or do their chests and legs look weird? If I'm wrong it's because I dont have that much experiance looking at them from this point of veiw.
Yes, those dogs look horrible. They are far from the breed standard. They must have many health problems.

mojozen

bullie lover
rottiegirl said:
Those dogs look pure bred. They are just victims of horrible breeding. Take a look at the pure pits in this website.... http://www.woodspits.com/
I looked at the website and when i compare those pictures to Mojo I still don't see how he or those other two dogs are purebred. Mojo's body is longer and his head just doesn't have the same structure (blockiness) of pretty much all of the pit bulls and other bully breeds i have seen. He's got the base, but his muzzle is much thinner, the jaw muscles not AS developed, and his lips lack mushiness. To me he just doesn't look pure which is why i accept him as a dachshund mix because he has a lot of qualities similar to the dachshund personality...

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Wow... I've never seen any dog with legs like that:eek: it looks painful! Poor babies:( I didn't know mojo had bad legs I only saw his pic in your sig and I thought he looked quite tall.... I didn't know his legs were that short.

I have seen that breeders website before.... horrible.:(

mojozen

bullie lover
AusCatDogs_4Ever said:
Wow... I've never seen any dog with legs like that:eek: it looks painful! Poor babies:( I didn't know mojo had bad legs I only saw his pic in your sig and I thought he looked quite tall.... I didn't know his legs were that short.

I have seen that breeders website before.... horrible.:(
Oh no - mojo's a short one. I'm 5'9", and his back doesn't even reach my knee while his head barely does. He has to stretch his head up to lay it on my leg when i sit down on a piece of furniture. If he wants to set his chin on anything he has to stretch up... he's a dorky looking dog. ;)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Other than the fact that these dogs all have legs shorter than normal, I really don't see any dachshund in them.

mojozen

bullie lover
Mordy said:
Other than the fact that these dogs all have legs shorter than normal, I really don't see any dachshund in them.

I am not a dog breed expert, but i just see it when i look at mojo. *shrugs and sighs*

Members online

No members online now.