Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hannah wanted to be Maleficent but apparently they don't make child sized Maleficent costumes and I don't sew... So she's decided to be a pop star

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hannah wanted to be Maleficent but apparently they don't make child sized Maleficent costumes and I don't sew... So she's decided to be a pop star
Well we've found a purple witch type dress and we have a black cape... so Maleficent is back on as a costume. Now it's just to figure out the headpiece lol

milos_mommy

When did everyone start to make "mom" friends?

I only have two friends with kids, and I'm not terribly close with either of them. My good friends who are child-free are really supportive, and I still see them frequently, but I'm wondering if Its a good idea to be meeting/hanging out with other moms?

Or will that not happen until my kid is older?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
When did everyone start to make "mom" friends?

I only have two friends with kids, and I'm not terribly close with either of them. My good friends who are child-free are really supportive, and I still see them frequently, but I'm wondering if Its a good idea to be meeting/hanging out with other moms?

Or will that not happen until my kid is older?
I joined a local moms group when Hannah was about a year old (I would have joined earlier but I wasn't driving at that point) and it was the best thing I ever did. I made so many friends that I've grown very close with and so has Hannah over the years :)

milos_mommy

Lillian's teething. We're both miserable. Her teething necklace is at the PO so I can get it tomorrow. I gave her Tylenol it was so bad.

We also use Camilia, a homeopathic remedy. Works well! Hope she gets some relief!

I'm feeling like a crap mom today because I'm sick. Sore throat, runny nose, low-grade fever and my skin and bones hurt. So hubby is on baby duty because I'm willing myself to feel better before he goes back to work tomorrow.

milos_mommy

Daddy's picking up the camilia on his way home :)

The way I see it is you can't take care of your kid unless you take care of yourself first! Get some rest!!

milos_mommy

Allison, are you feeling better?

Lillian is sneezing more than usual. I know babies sneeze a lot, but it's definitely been more frequent the past few days. She has no runny nose or anything...is she getting a cold or could it be allergies? Or just preventative stuff since its getting colder (and more germy) out?

Taqroy

Lillian is sneezing more than usual. I know babies sneeze a lot, but it's definitely been more frequent the past few days. She has no runny nose or anything...is she getting a cold or could it be allergies? Or just preventative stuff since its getting colder (and more germy) out?
Falon sneezes like that sometimes. I bet it's environmental stuff, especially if there's no other symptoms.

milos_mommy

Hooooo I'm glad you said that. The BF quit smoking while I was pregnant, but recently started smoking 1 or 2 a day...he always changes his clothes after he smokes and usually showers right away too, before holding her, but do you think it could still be affecting her? On his breath or something?

Better, MM, but not 100% and of course Everleigh caught it too. So we both suck at sleeping right now because of stuffy noses. Thanks for asking!

Everleigh has always sneezed quite a bit. It could be any number of things with Lillian but, yes, it could be the cigarette smoke. D has to change and wash his hands when he gets home.

milos_mommy

Does anyone know where I can find info on the importance of properly fitted straps? Preferably with really horrifying diagrams or videos?

Taqroy

Hooooo I'm glad you said that. The BF quit smoking while I was pregnant, but recently started smoking 1 or 2 a day...he always changes his clothes after he smokes and usually showers right away too, before holding her, but do you think it could still be affecting her? On his breath or something?
It definitely could be but neither Matt or I smoke and Falon still sneezes lol. You could try having him brush his teeth too? Or just wait a couple days and see if it passes. I've noticed that Falon will go a couple days with lotsa sneezing and then have a week or so with hardly any.

Taqroy

This came across my fb feed this morning and given recent discussions, I thought I'd share it here:

2 Is The New 1: Rear-Facing Car Seats Until At Least Age 2

Rear facing is 5 times safer and rear facing kids are 75% less likely to die or have a serious injury in an accident.
Wow. I was just talking with my Mom about this and while she has been incred-annoying about some stuff (rice cereal I'm looking at you) she totally agrees with leaving seats rear facing until two. Now I just need to find the funds for a convertible carseat we can leave in my car because I'm too weak to lift ours + Falon into the middle seat. :p

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Not sure if this will help Taq, but I've heard good things about the convertible seat Costco carries AND they do occasionally come up on zulily. :)

I know an important thing to consider with convertible car seat is their height restrictions.

Also, for the record, if my mom disagrees with any of my decisions, I take it as affirmation that I'm on the right track. Lol

milos_mommy

My mom is driving me INSANE. Besides all the little annoyances there's the adjusting her car seat straps to toddler sized the first and last (very last EVER) time I let her take Lillian out, and her insisting on putting big fleece blankets and stuffed animals in her cradle because "babies need to be cozy".

Tomorrow I'm leaving Lilly with her other grandma. It will be the first time she's been watched by someone other than her dad or my mom. And, depending on how long my mani/pedi takes, will only be the third time I've been away from her for more than 1 hour.

Members online

No members online now.