Finally Lui Pics

SarahFish

I've been a member for a while but haven't quite got around to posting pictures. Now I've cracked how to do it so here you go!

Lui at Pukerua Bay beach, on one of our long walks! He loves it!

After the first grooming incident, they called us after they'd done this much.

And once we got him tidied up at another groomers, we liked them, but this was the only way to make it look better. I thought he looked like a poodle!

More pics coming soon, now I can do it I love to show him off!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Awww he so cute! But I see what you mean, he DOES look a bit like a poodle in the clip. But darn, it's cute! I almost like him in a short clip rofl.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh it's such a shame about his fur, but he's still very handsome.

SarahFish

Thank you! I think the same too! And I think the same of every dog picture on here, they'll all adorable! He did look cute as a poodle (I thought it immediately, especially when he was running!) but I still prefer him as a real Samoyed!
It's pretty much back to normal now though, though his mane isn't quite what it used to be, yet, but it's pretty impressive for just over 5 months. I don't have any current pics but I will take some and post them, it's pretty much what it was though, which is a huge relief!
Thanks for all your comments!
And to the groomer comment, she thought she knew what she was doing, said she did, we said what we wanted but she saw a "flea infestation" which there wasn't, as I regularly check him, but she started to shave, then called us after that point!
The second groomers were awesome though. We told them the situation on the phone and when we got there they all came outside to see him. They were all shocked at what had been done and had to see to believe. But they made him look tons better, even trimming his leg fur to even it up and so even though he had no coat he looked not too bad.

Hillside

Original Twin
Wow, that first picture looks remarkably like a picture I have of my old dog Conar. How much does Lui weigh? Conar was about an even 100 pounds. Lui makes me really miss my old boy, he's gorgeous.

SarahFish

100 pounds! wow! thats what, about 50kg?
Lui is about 25kg, about 50 pounds? i think, not sure on pounds-kilograms stuff
But yes, they look quite similar, Lui looks that fluffy when he's fully coated, i've got a few where he looks very close to that pic you have which I will post soon.
But Lui has also been quite light. A couple of years ago at his annual vet trip the vet said he needed to put on some weight, he was about 22-23kg at the time, and now I think he's all good. He's always been quite lean, people think he's huge but then we bath him and he shrinks!
Can I ask how old Conar was? Lui's great aunt and grandmother lived till 14 1/2 and 15 1/2 so fingers crossed Lui will too. He's 7 1/2 at the moment

SarahFish

THANK YOU! I think all the dogs on here are! But can someone please say they prefer him with hair, people that saw him with his poodle cut thought he looked better, but I prefer him with it long.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i said he looked great both ways....takes a real handsome dog to pull that one off.;) AS you can tell from my siggy we don't do long hair here..i don't know how you manage it!

SarahFish

I did read what you said :) Thanks, because it took me a while to get used to!
The hair thing isn't too bad though, it stays clean because mud etc just dries and falls off, and once I found the right comb the hair was really easy. We've got a few brushes but I've figured the only good ones are the ZoomGroom and the metal comb, they work brilliantly on him.
It would be easier with permanent short fur though, even though it would look weird. Mum was happy when it was short because it meant he didn't leave hair everywhere, so that's a huge benefit to short haired dogs, like yours.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm one of the few who will come right out and say I love his long coat and am thankful that it is growing back in quickly!

People keep telling me to shave my Aussie in the summer and I keep telling them their absolutely nuts.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I love long hair on dogs. (Obviously) I think he looks stunning with hsi full coat and it's a shame that he was shaved. (Though he can pull off that look too)

A groomer once wanted to know if we wanted to shave Trey... uh.... no....

Members online

No members online now.