My Yorkie tried to take on an Alaskan Husky yesterday!

pitbulliest

Serena I have to ask you...in your signature...is that your dog? And if it is, how did you get that .gif to work like that I mean..did you video tape it and make it into a gif or....heck I wanna know lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
Heh, that's more than I could say for our Lab. He'll bark, but he's never shown ANY intention of defending us, even when every hair on Shiner's body would stand on end, Buster would just wag his tail... :rolleyes: Ripley is always too busy growling at strangers to care WHAT they're doing to me, LOL.

That's the main reason I want a Doberman or a GSD. Both are very obedient, watchful, serious dogs that like to keep an eye on their mischevious humans.

mom2two

I too have a little 10 pound female bichon who thinks she is larger than the bigger dogs and can take them on. Really aggressive. Our neighbors have a blue healer mixed rottie named Cocoa. Sweet girl, and thank goodness she knew Gidget was all sound and not much else, Gidget tried attacking her. Cocoa just pushed her out of the way and came up to be petted. From that day on it is a marking match from the two girls. Did I also mention there is a male westie who is in love with both of the girls in between?! Gidget (my bichon) goes right for the neck/jugular area too. Not too bright at times for such a cute little girl. We call it the napoleon syndrome!

Teddy

My dog has this problem, but only when he runs outside the yard. Wether it's cats, dogs or people, he always barks and wants to be agressive towards them, but never when he meets new people/pets inside the house or around the yard.

pitbulliest

Ahh sorry..yes I meant shredhead...how did you get your gif to work so well..it looks like you video taped it or something..very impressive.

Well I video taped my dogs and captured the video on to my computer. I than took still frame captures ever split second or so. I than used a animation program to make them all work together.

S

Sadarra

Little dogs do seem to have a major death wish. *lol* I've got tons of stories, with my families little dogs or my big dogs being attacked but I'll try to answer the question here instead.

All dogs are big enough for training so consider getting your dog in an obedience class if this is not an option then try some training at home. I don't have time to tell you how to teach your dog commands, their are plenty of books in libraries as well as articles on the net to help you. Start by teaching a reliable recall. Make sure you only call your when you are going to play with her or do something fun with her so she'll never associate it with negative time. If you've always used "Come" loosely then try saying "Cookie" instead or even a made up word. Once you've got a good come down you should be able to keep the spur of the moment escapes to a minimum.

Good luck and if you do need help with teaching the come or other commands just let me know and I'll explain them. Just remember, even the little guys could use some manners :)

snookums

Sophie sometimes plays with the golden/german shepard mix next door (he's 9 months old) and my little one is definitely the domineering one! Luckily he's a sweetie so he puts up with all 13 pounds of her.

Rip's Girl said:
Heh, that's more than I could say for our Lab. He'll bark, but he's never shown ANY intention of defending us, even when every hair on Shiner's body would stand on end, Buster would just wag his tail... :rolleyes: Ripley is always too busy growling at strangers to care WHAT they're doing to me, LOL.

That's the main reason I want a Doberman or a GSD. Both are very obedient, watchful, serious dogs that like to keep an eye on their mischevious humans.
My Yellow Lab, Joe was in the truck with me and I went to the drive in theater. It had five screens arranged like spokes from the center snack bar. I'm sitting there, watching the movie, and all of a sudden this drunk guy grabs my shoulder, and says "What the F*** are you doing in my brother's truck??" I jumped and pushed his hand off and when he tried to grab me again, Joe nailed him on the hand, and shook it! He starts yelling and Joe lets go, but wants to get out of the truck and go after him. After a couple of minutes, his brother comes over and apologizes, and points to an identical truck to mine and laughs. His brother wasn't happy, but allows himself to be drug away, hand bleeding away. I never heard anything about it afterwards.
When my mom was getting ready to move, she stayed with me a while, and she hadn't been around much, and when she suddenly walks into my room while I was asleep. Joe and Blackie were on the bed. They both jump off the bed and lunge at her. She sucks all the air out of the house, and they stop and start wagging their tails and everything is fine. It did take her a while to get used to Joe getting into bed with her and wanting to put his neck on her face. She said it used to really scare her, she thought it was a dominating thing, not a submissive one like it really was.

Members online

No members online now.