Sam is so sick

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
My poor Bullmastiff, Sam, is so sick. Her temperature is so high. 110. I am so worried about her. I am not letting her in my room so that her germs don't spread to my bed, but it looks like I am in the living room with her tonight.

Meanwhile...

Poor Lemon. Alicia is supposed to be home at 6 to feed Lemon unless she calls me but she didn't so Lemon is waiting there for her supper. So, Lemon got her supper at 8. Poor girl. I have given Alicia a lecture. I will pull Lemon out of her care if the poor pup has to wait 2 more hours then Harley for supper.

And...

Harley is just dandy. lol.

RD

Are you dead yet?
110 is insanely high, Sirius.. Like, damaging-ly high. Your vet just sent her home?!

doberkim

Naturally Natural
sirius, take her back to the vet. she needs to be hospitalized if her temperature is 110 degrees. the fatal temp is 109, so death is iminent - at temps over 106, you start to lose bodily functions.

either she needs EMERGENCY medical care or something is fishy.

do you have a digital therm ???
if not get one and take temp yourself - see if has gone down any
I once had a sick dog with temp of 105 and she was kept on IV at Vet for 3 days
I can't imagine why you were sent home - maybe you mis understood the temp ???

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
Well I posted this in the other thread so I'll paste it here too

Yeah she confuses me too! And the times in between posts are odd.

she just broke her leg, and is on the internet less than 24hrs later, and goes to the mall, oops no she meant fractured, it doesn't hurt. a stranger buys a dog at a pet store and then just tosses it to her and runs off. another dog showed up at her doorstep earlier this month, it runs outside and is hit by a car, develops a tumor, gets pts, and she says, "this is a result of a backyard breeder because a real breeder would have some sort of guarantee on their dogs" How would she know the breeder to get the guarantee or not if it came to your porch? why was it allowed to run outside? Now this dog has a temp. of 110, oops now it's down to 105, the vet sent her home twice when at 104 their brains can be severely damaged. And she don't even remember the name of the illness/virus the vet said her dog has. But the dog will be fine, she will watch it all night.

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Boxer*Mom said:
Yeah she confuses me too! And the times in between posts are odd.

she just broke her leg, and is on the internet less than 24hrs later, and goes to the mall, oops no she meant fractured, it doesn't hurt. a stranger buys a dog at a pet store and then just tosses it to her and runs off. another dog showed up at her doorstep earlier this month, it runs outside and is hit by a car, develops a tumor, gets pts, and she says, "this is a result of a backyard breeder because a real breeder would have some sort of guarantee on their dogs" How would she know the breeder to get the guarantee or not if it came to your porch? why was it allowed to run outside? Now this dog has a temp. of 110, oops now it's down to 105, the vet sent her home twice when at 104 their brains can be severely damaged. And she don't even remember the name of the illness/virus the vet said her dog has. But the dog will be fine, she will watch it all night.

hmmm just an observation here but you seem to have some kind of vendetta with sirius. I see many people on here posting bad event after bad event and no one says anything to them about it. what e4xactly do you have against sirius? Perhaps you and her should take it to PM and let this thread just continue on its way ;)

Anyway, You should definately take sam to another vet. An emergency vet if you have to. I don't know if you are in the states but since it is thanksgiving time you might have trouble finding a vet who is A) open or B) really wants to be there and isn't thinking about how they are missing thanksgiving with their family because they have to work. perhaps THAT was the vets problem and why he seemed to care so little.

bubbatd

I'm confused too.....but the main thing is to go to vet right now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
sparks19 said:
hmmm just an observation here but you seem to have some kind of vendetta with sirius. I see many people on here posting bad event after bad event and no one says anything to them about it. what e4xactly do you have against sirius? Perhaps you and her should take it to PM and let this thread just continue on its way ;)

Anyway, You should definately take sam to another vet. An emergency vet if you have to. I don't know if you are in the states but since it is thanksgiving time you might have trouble finding a vet who is A) open or B) really wants to be there and isn't thinking about how they are missing thanksgiving with their family because they have to work. perhaps THAT was the vets problem and why he seemed to care so little.
when i read something that is questionable and doesn't make sense to me i ask about it. i just pointed out the stories keep changing and they are hard to believe. i'm not the only one who thinks it's strange sparks, but do you think anyone else has a vendetta besides me. there is another thread in the health section just like this, little different title, one person said they think her dog may not even be sick, another said they think she may not even have a dog. why do i have to pm someone when i can openly ask questions and they can openly answer or not in return? the thread will go on anyway because that's what threads do, information is put out, people comment and question, give their own experiences, etc. You must not read too many threads if you think others don't comment on bad situations. maybe you missed the recent snake in the yard thread. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.