Crate Pads, anyone?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
What do you use?

I'd like to purchase one for Blaze's Vari Kennel. Something relatively inexpensive, but one that can handle a sometimes dirty/wet dog while still being able to be comfortable.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, Sizzle should come here. I know she has great crate pads.

I have no idea personally, though. Lucy has a plastic crate with her bed in it.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Raja just gets a cheap blanket in her crate because she occasionally decides to put holes in it.

This is Tempie's crate pad:

One of the ladies on my SAR team made that for her, and it is sooo great! It's really light and easy to roll up and take with me.

And Boone has a thick double sided fleece pad that is wonderful! It cleans up really easily, too. I can't remember the brand right now, but I'll get back to you on that. lol
ETA: This is it. Double Fleece Dog and Cat Bed - Our Light Weights Pet Bedding

Last edited by a moderator:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
We have a variety so I can wash them without leaving the pups w/o something. I've used faux sheepskin, thin flannel, old towels, fleece remnants, nylon covered foam, etc. but so far I gravitate most to the Crypton pads I got from Cherrybrook!

Crypton Crate Mats - Cherrybrook

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Fleece blankets that I made. Cost me abhout $10 a blanket. I need to make more though so they can have ones when theirs are dirty *states at Stryder*

Saeleofu

I just use blankets and the occasional pillow. I was using beds until Logan decided they're good for eating lol.

I generally go to Goodwill or somewhere like that and get old, fluffy blankets for a couple bucks. Jack really likes to "nest" in his crate, so it works well.

Toller_08

I use Pro-Fleece bedding and absolutely love it. It's not totally indestructible like some people say (some dogs can still chew through it), but it is very durable and soft and cushy. Dance used to destroy all of her blankets, and then I got her two Pro-Fleece pads and they look pretty much the same now as when I got them. They're super easy to wash too and don't seem to wear out. I'm not sure where to buy it, though... I always get mine from the supplier below at dog shows.

Here is what it looks like. Not the best pictures, and it doesn't stay as fuzzy looking once washed/thrown in the dryer, but still is cushy and nice and long lasting. I do put an extra blanket it with the Dobermans on top of the Pro-Fleece incase they get cold or feel like nesting in a blanket, but Dance is fine without a blanket... and the Dobes probably would be too, but since they hardly have any coat I feel better giving them a blanket too.

MicksMom

I have the foam pads with removable covers. I usually throw a beach towel over them to keep them a little cleaner and so Caleb can "scruff" something up. The soft sided crate has a bathmat over the pad. I keep a reusable pee pad under the VariKennel pad to put on top in case Caleb is wet, sick, etc.

We have a variety so I can wash them without leaving the pups w/o something. I've used faux sheepskin, thin flannel, old towels, fleece remnants, nylon covered foam, etc. but so far I gravitate most to the Crypton pads I got from Cherrybrook!

Crypton Crate Mats - Cherrybrook
Well, silly girl, if you plan your next Cherrybrook purchase right, you can shop there in person and come visit me. LOL I'm only about 3 miles from their Washington store.

mom2dogs

I love Primo pads. I don't even put them in the washer to clean, waterproof, and I have never had a dog or puppy even make a dent in them. Buuut, I also can't resist cute designs when I see them at dog shows, I'm a crate pad hoarder :eek:

scrofford

At the moment I can't use anything in my dog's crate because everything we have given him he chews up...he loves his crate, and has plenty of toys, but if we give him a blanket, pillow, or rug in that crate, he destroys it.

Members online

No members online now.