I've been adopted by two strange dogs....

adojrts

All hell broke loose in my house this morning as a very large black lab stood on my veranda looking in the french doors. My dogs of course went ape sh*t.
I 'off'd ' my dogs, then crated them, went out and here is this lovely neutered male black lab. He is very friendly and clearly someones dog, wearing a collar with out dated tags on him, he is also in very good condition.
So I take his tag info and start calling the correct offices, to which they have to search for his info and will call back. Called the vets etc. I have no clue as to who these dogs belong too.
I also started calling around the neighborhood, one neighbor from up the road a ways says the dogs (yep second one shows up now, yellow lab spayed female) had been at his place for 3 days until he booted them in the arse (nice huh?) and chased them off.
I immediately gave them food and water, thinking they need it if they have been lost for several days.
I then hit the road in my car, driving around to different farms and homes within a couple of miles of us, looking for their home, no luck.
Come back and I am greeted by them like they are my dogs :D
Then I get the call (after several hours and many phone calls putting up a network trying to find their owners) from the township office. They provide me with a number of who owns the dogs, I phoned the folks and left a message as to where their dogs are and to please come and get them.

I would expect when these people get home tonight that I will see them. At this point their dogs are very content with full bellies by laying in the sun on my veranda.

Dekka

Just try me..
Thank goodness they found you! I am sure the owners are worried silly!

Thank goodness they found you!
^^^ Seconded!! Hope their owners call and that this was just an "accidental escaping" deal.

'Course you realize Adojrts ... if it's a case of their owners not being too swift, the dogs MAY decide they live at your place. :D

adojrts

Yes, the dogs are safe and sound, they came from my neighbors place up the road. The neighbors are dog sitting them for his parents while the parents are away on vacation. And of course the dogs escaped.

From talking to many many people in our area, it appears that the dogs once escaped had been roaming alot and being run off by people.
That would certainly explain why the dogs were very content to stay here once they found a friend.

They were still here when my hubby got home from work...........he pulls in and they go bouncing to him..........with a somewhat worried look on his face he asked me who they were and how long they were staying.........:rofl1:

Something tells me they will be back...........but that is better than them running the roads, as I expect the neighbors aren't too interested in keeping them home etc.

noludoru

Bored Now.
How sad. :( Well, I'm glad you're keeping them for now - at least they are safe and well-cared for with you. :)

adojrts

No, the neighbors came and got them, but I wont be surprised if the dogs come back..............at anyrate, they appear to not be abused physically in anyway and they are well fed.
I had several people suggest that I call AC but there was no way, those dogs were too friendly and well taken care of and I wouldn't do that to them or their owners........sad that the owners have left the dogs in the care of their son and DIL who just don't seem to care that the dogs wander a bit.......

wishbone

Hope there's a place to call and report about bad neighbors not keeping safe their good dogs... we're just glad the dogs found you...

bubbatd

At least you know who they belong too ! Thanks for keeping them safe and happy !

Members online

No members online now.