New Member: Desperately seeking Deerhound

tylwyth

My husband and I recently attended the Scottish Faire in Sacramento, California and fell in love with the Scottish Deerhounds on display. I have periodically looked online since then, investigating the breed and keeping my eye on the shelter pages - but adoptions seem few and far between. So I am resorting to begging you all for help!
My husband would prefer to adopt/purchase a puppy, as their life expectancy is so short, but I am having trouble locating many breeders. Possibly I am looking in all the wrong places, although the one shelter I did come across does not adopt to people who have not adopted from them before, which seems rather counter productive!

Any information you could send my way would be greatly appreciated, we live in Northern California but are absolutely willing to travel.

Thank you all in advance -
tylwyth.

chanda

ill try to look around and if ever i found one ill inform you immediately...

Maxy24

I'll try looking for you, do you live in California? and how far are you willing to travel for the pup?

tylwyth

Thank you so much, everyone.
Maxy24 - we live in Central California, and are willing to travel. Off the top of my head I'd say to all surrounding states (we would drive) but the less expensive the puppy is, the furthur we would be able to drive. we're always looking for a good excuse to road trip!

Members online

No members online now.