Antler hunting

Shakou

Anyone do this with their dogs? I just bought a training kit in hopes of doing this with Charlotte. We're way up in the boonies of northern AZ, where there's elk and deer everywhere, and Charlotte is already really good at finding random animal bones. I'd love to find some antler sheds this summer, and we're in the perfect area for it!

after a lot of years of saying I was going to do it, I rounded up some old antlers and did it with one of my dogs over the winter. Just finding them in the house :) She's very good at it in the house :rofl1:

But this winter and spring sucked and I never went out and taught her a pattern to searching outside and by now most of them have probably been made dinner by the mice and porcupines around here. So this summer I'll work on large searching patterns maybe and then late winter and spring actually get out and look for them

Good luck!

Shakou

Thanks! It's elk city out here, and I'm surprised we haven't stumbled over some antlers just from walking around. If we nail something huge, I'll share it with you guys :D

Members online

No members online now.