Odor Neutralizer (For in heat dogs)

So I'm curious if there is anything that works decently for the pee of in heat females. Didgie is definitely going into heat and I noticed last time with Traveler her pee really was what started to set him off and Fergus is already drooling at any place she might have peed on outside.

So is there a decent product out there that I could use outside to spray where she peed to help minimize the smell?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Not that I know of, but I haven't needed to look, either.

What about having her pee in only one part of the yard? Or flushing the spot with water right after?

I highly doubt there is anything that will block those molecules from registering in a dog's brain :) you can't wash it away and I'd hate to be around anything that overwhelmed a dogs senses so much that a bitch in heat didn't register with them :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
You could try having her pee in only one corner of the yard (preferably the predominantly downwind corner) and spraying the spot with white vinegar after she pees. It'll also kill any plants you spray it on so don't like, pick a prized patch of grass or anything :p

Not going to eliminate everything but may help to prevent the total onslaught...

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Eta, Vicks, I'm thining vicks. Right under the noses of the boys?

Last edited:

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I've head of people putting Vicks Vaporub on their males' noses. Not sure if it works or not, or if it's even safe.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Vicks totally never worked on Strider. lol. Plus he hated it, so I only tried it once.

If you discover something that does work, patent it and you will become rich.

MicksMom

So I'm curious if there is anything that works decently for the pee of in heat females. Didgie is definitely going into heat and I noticed last time with Traveler her pee really was what started to set him off and Fergus is already drooling at any place she might have peed on outside.

So is there a decent product out there that I could use outside to spray where she peed to help minimize the smell?
Try giving her chlorophyll tablets. That's what our camp director did with his Lab. We used to get neighbor dogs running through camp on a regular basis, but they never came and camped out at his door or ours when the Lab was in heat (she & Mick used to spend their days playing together).

I've head of people putting Vicks Vaporub on their males' noses. Not sure if it works or not, or if it's even safe.
Vicks worked great for our stud pony. Dad used to show him in driving classes with no problems, even when there were mares in heat. However, I'm not so sure I want to put Vicks in/on a dog's nose. Someone who does conformation just told me about rubbing a little vanilla extract in the nose.

Members online

No members online now.