What's your preferred method of exercising your dog?

What is your preferred method of exercising your dog?

• Walks

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Runs

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Your dog running beside a bike

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Flirt pole

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Dog park

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • "Playdates"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fetch in the backyard

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Just letting him blow off steam in the backyard by himself

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Fall/Winter/Spring is playing and swimming offleash on the beach, with and without other dogs (my dog just likes to sprint around for no reason until exhausted...), during the summer going running at night/training that involves exercise indoors/occasional dog park visit. And some disc play too, more recently.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Dog park.
Lol I hate to be "that person" but nothing tires him out as fast or as thoroughly as a good solid play session at the park.

I used to be just a walk person.. but these days honestly, on leash walks do NOTHING for him really.. he needs to ROMP.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
If it's late and I don't want to get sweaty, we'll go for a walk. Otherwise, we'll go for a run. Then we have the yard to goof around in. There's a stream behind the house, but she just wades. No swimming, lol.

I voted flirtpole just because I love it so much. We use it at least a few minutes every day. Springpole wasn't an option but I have one for Venice to use a couple of times a week.

She is also my running/biking/rollerblading buddy, and I try to get her swimming as much as possible. She also comes to work with me every now and then when I'm working the daycare and it's a small group of dogs or a gang she already knows well.

DJEtzel

I couldn't choose just one! XD

I work at a 25 acre private dog park so the dogs (minus Sir) come with me there all the time and the swimming is to die for. They don't play with other dogs there, though... they just play fetch in the pond or on the land, usually.

But we go on lots of hikes and get togethers with Meagan and friends, have play dates, Sir's primary exercise is biking/flirt pole...

About the only thing we don't do is walks. Ever.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
In order:
Running (off leash)
Walking (off leash)
Running (on leash)
Walking (on leash)
Kicking around her basketball in the yard

chaospony

I picked walks. Dog park would be my preferred but there are too many variables and half the time we head there we end up not going in dues to things/dogs we see in there. If the mix of dogs is right then dog park would be my top pick. They love to run and stretch those legs.

SarahHound

Todd - walks. Lucy - walks (she would prefer running but she doesn't get to). Katy - EVERYTHING! Mostly walks, running in the garden, tugging her tree rope etc.

Torch

I chose walks because that's our primary. We also enjoy hiking and exploring, or running around like crazy. Henry doesn't fetch, swim, or go to the dog park often. He's usually just out and about with me. The pros of an easy keeper.

Shakou

Usually, we take our dogs on off leash hikes on private land, and just let them run until they can't anymore, but we also do bike rides on occasion.

Members online

No members online now.