Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Harry's theme song for me was Every Breath You Take by The Police. He was a creeper of a dog. Stan is more of a Bruno Mars kind of guy.
:rofl1:

Millie's obviously not a mal, but a lot of people would probably be driven nuts by her clingy-ness. "Velcro dog" doesn't cover it. I think she's working on a way to get inside my skin. Leaning against me so hard my circulation stops/I can't breathe is not close enough.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Harry's theme song for me was Every Breath You Take by The Police. He was a creeper of a dog. Stan is more of a Bruno Mars kind of guy.
Sloan has Bruno Mars songs as her theme songs all of the time, especially the lets get married one and the catch a grenade one. lol

Backup could totally share the stalker song. :p

kady05

Sako can join right in with the Malinois.. OMG he is obsessed with me. I don't think I'll ever pee alone again.. and if I *god forbid* latch the door behind me, he lays outside of it and pouts. And here I thought my other two loved me.. nothing like Sako!

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Sako can join right in with the Malinois.. OMG he is obsessed with me. I don't think I'll ever pee alone again.. and if I *god forbid* latch the door behind me, he lays outside of it and pouts. And here I thought my other two loved me.. nothing like Sako!

I can't decide if I'm lucky for it, but Grant only approaches if he wants something. We suspect that he's half cat.

kady05

I can't decide if I'm lucky for it, but Grant only approaches if he wants something. We suspect that he's half cat.
LOL, that's how Wilson is, for the most part. Very on his terms, ho-hum attitude toward everything. Kids are about the only thing that gets him all cutesty "look at me!".

Actually, this picture I took yesterday shows the dynamics of how the 3 of them are perfectly..

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I am in bed and just clicked off my phone an stretched. I didn't sit up, barely moved but I now have a Malinois on my head. lol OMG!

Sloan loves Denis, she looks to me for fun, but Backup should be a professional stalker.

yoko

I think we can all agree that she’s just plain not a good home for ANY dog.
That's what I was thinking.

"You captivate him. He thinks you are fantastic, you are his, and so, no one is allowed to disturb you. His adoration will grow for you as this friendship deepens. He will only be happy when he is near you, and he will only ask to be able to lie by your feet."
I've said it before here. I love love love dogs like this. But at the same time I can admit to myself a Fila isn't a dog that is a right for me. Luckily with how many different breeds and mixes are available any one should be able to find the right dog for them with some research and footwork.

IMO the effort someone is willing to put into researching a breed or specific dog to make sure they are perfect or even just a good fit for them and then working with the dog during the 'bonding' phase is very telling about the type of owner that person is.

And really. I've never met a puppy I hate so that's probably affecting my opinion on this whole issue.

:rofl1:

Millie's obviously not a mal, but a lot of people would probably be driven nuts by her clingy-ness. "Velcro dog" doesn't cover it. I think she's working on a way to get inside my skin. Leaning against me so hard my circulation stops/I can't breathe is not close enough.
LOL We call Yoshi my furry Siamese twin. She's really good about waiting for me to sit down or lay down and invite her up. But she loves touching even if it is just a foot. I go to sleep and wake up to her trying to cuddle as close to me as she can get.

I can't remember having alone bathroom time for the last seven years three months XD

Doberluv

That's what I was thinking.

I've said it before here. I love love love dogs like this. But at the same time I can admit to myself a Fila isn't a dog that is a right for me. Luckily with how many different breeds and mixes are available any one should be able to find the right dog for them with some research and footwork.

IMO the effort someone is willing to put into researching a breed or specific dog to make sure they are perfect or even just a good fit for them and then working with the dog during the 'bonding' phase is very telling about the type of owner that person is.

And really. I've never met a puppy I hate so that's probably affecting my opinion on this whole issue.

LOL We call Yoshi my furry Siamese twin. She's really good about waiting for me to sit down or lay down and invite her up. But she loves touching even if it is just a foot. I go to sleep and wake up to her trying to cuddle as close to me as she can get.

I can't remember having alone bathroom time for the last seven years three months XD
I have to be faster than my dogs if I don't want them helping me in the bathroom. LOL. I can't remember having a dog that didn't come in the bathroom with me, at least a lot of the time. Jose` can be sleeping comfortably on the couch and if I go in the powder room near that room, he jumps off the couch and comes to be with me in the bathroom....even if I wasn't right near him when he was on the couch. He must think something interesting is bound to happen in there. :D Chuli isn't as much that way, but still, pretty much wanting to hang out with me a lot. And puppies? Woah, I can't think of a puppy that wouldn't tend to follow his new owner around a lot.

thehoundgirl

I'm so glad the fila pup is doing well now.

My Rottweiler mix I had for 10 and half years who passed away almost 4 years ago was very clingy too. I love clingy dogs actually. :) Dixie is pretty clingy too. She always has to know what you are up to! I can't go to the bathroom alone without one of my cats in there. Tiger follows me all around the house. :p I just love clingy animals, I don't get annoyed with them usually. But I don't mind if dogs and cats are independent either. My hound Buster is really not cuddly, he's a grumpy old dog. :p

Members online

No members online now.