Brady story

bogolove

My husband and I just went to subway to get some lunch. We each got a sandwich and a drink. Matt got an orange drink and i got mellow yellow. We came home and ate and i leeft my drink on the coffee table to go upstairs for a minute. I guess Matt did the same thing. I was on the computer and I was showing matt something when all of the sudden we hear this crunching noise. I said "what does he have now?" He always steal papers from the trash or paper towels and stuff. I had to put our office trash can on the desk so he couldn't get into it anymore. The kitchen one is stainless steal with a lid so he can't get into that one. We go downstairs and he has proceeded to get Matt's drink (THE BRIGHT ORANGE ONE) and chew the cup on my light tan carpet WHILE THE DRINK IS STILL IN IT. I was so mad at him. He never gets something like that. It is usually just like a piece of paper or a flip flop or sock or something. I scrubbed and scrubbed with hot water and carpet cleaner. I got most of it up but there is still a slight orange tint in a spot as big as my head.

He usually does so good by himself downstairs if we are both upstairs. I guess he was in a mischevious mood. He is cuddled up with Matt downstairs right now because his feelings are hurt because he thinks I am still mad at him. He is a mama's boy. I pretty much scrubbed my frustration out on the carpet so i am not upset anymore. I just thought I would share the Brady story.

LOL! That sounds familiar. Shiva saw me put Charley's favorite chocolate covered mini-doughnuts on top of the 'fridge last night. It's kind of crowded up there right now, being the only place she can't reach, and they were sticking off the side over the counter in a precarious position. Well, we heard something bumping last night, but we were both so sleepy it didn't really register since we don't worry about noises being dangerous unless the dogs are barking. When I got up this morning I found out what all the bumping was. Shiva had thumped on the refrigerator (a very large, heavy one) until the box of doughnuts fell onto the counter, then stole them off the counter and ate them. Charley doesn't know and I'm not telling him. I went to the store today and got another box. :eek:

Have you tried an oxygen cleaner on the carpet? That usually does a good job of getting stains out. If that doesn't work, there is a product called Stain Devil. It comes in a little 1.5 or 2.0 ounce plastic bottle, and there are different formulas for different stains. I have lots of them! :D

bogolove

No I have not tried any of that yet, but thank you for the idea. It is probably something I should regularly keep on hand. My cat also has a fetish with knocking over full drinks that may not be being watched at every minute. She likes to tip over tea, and water mostly, anything that has ice in it. With these two, you have to keep your eyes on everything! LOL!

bogolove

This morning I came down to find a pier one candle chewed up in the floor. He had been alone for like 2 minutes. I think he is mad because he hasn't seen Jenny (his girlfriend) since last Wednesday, but I think they have been out of town. He never acts like this anymore, but I guess he is trying to tell me something. I have also weened him off of the rawhides so that may have something to do with it. He loves those things, maybe he is mad about that.

You're probably right! They get upset and can hold a grudge just like we do. I guess you'll have to find something for him to chew on to replace his rawhides, and maybe set a picture of Jenny on the coffee table for him to look at when she's not around. :p

They're so funny sometimes!

Buffy would hold a grudge longer than most people, and I think she used to lay around and plan revenge. There were a few cows that had offended her at some point and she made their lives miserable every single chance she got.

Debi

Try using Woolite Oxy Deep spot & stain carpet cleaner.....I LOVE this stuff! It has even lifted out old stains. I keep it on hand for those times when a muddy paw gets past me somehow. It also removed that oil/tar stuff they put on the road that Ham stepped in without me realizing....until I saw his paw print on the carpet.

Sometimes my pups will be sleeping peacefully, but then I step into the shower only to see mayhem when I come out 10 mins. later! They just get bored sometimes I guess. I also need to get something for Ham cause I did the same thing.....stopped the rawhide chews. He misses them so much.....which leaves him bored............and you know best what happens then! :)

bogolove

Oh yeah I know what happens, Debi. I have a bone, like a real bone from a feed store. I put peanut butter in it a lot and he likes that and so far he has not been able to get through it at all, bu the girl at the feed store says her great dane can, so it is probably only a matter of time. He likes pig ears too, but he eats those in 15 seconds flat. Thanks for the Woolite cleaner advice, i will try that.

Renee- What did she do to get revenge on the cows? just curious, it seems like quite an amusing story. ;)

Members online