Hypothetical Breeding Question

R

RedyreRottweilers

And IMO, someone with an intact male dogs, needs to be aware that there may be females in heat in the neighboring area & keep their dog properly confined!

And since you felt the need to jump all over me, where did I ever say that it's ok to leave a bitch in heat unattended outside? I would never do it, so let's not go there. I've got intact dogs & have NEVER had an "oops" litter (or even an "oops" pregnancy for that matter). But that wasn't the op's question.

And let me ask this: We've got an 8 ft privacy fence, double fenced (meaning we had the ugly side with the beams showing so to be extra cautious--our OEB loves to bust his head through the boards of wood fences--we double fenced it. We also spent a lot of time & money digging a trench 1 1/5 ft. wide all the way around the yard under the fence & filled it in with concrete (as the neighbor's dog wouldn't quit digging under & we already had an "issue" with their previous dog who dug out a hole I had just filled in & got into my yard when I had a bunch of dogs out). We have electric fencing (horse & cattle) running along the bottom of the fence & along the top of the fence. We have 2 gates with heavy duty padlocks. PLUS, when I have multiple dogs outside, they are on tie-outs/chains. So again, after all the time & money I've spent "barracading" my dogs in my yard, if someone else's dog manages to get into my yard, whatever happens is 50% my fault? I don't freaking think so........................
Where did I ever state that a bitch in heat should be left outside? Or that I've done so? I've NEVER left a bitch in heat outside unattended. They are kept in the house, & only loose by themselves, so all trouble is avoidable. I don't believe in "oops" litters. Every litter that happensis 100% preventable.

I stated in my post what *I* do with *MY* bitches, and what my opinion is as to the liability of the owner of the dog and the owner of the bitch.

That opinion won't be changing, and I don't think I was "jumping all over you" for anything.

You are completely welcome to keep your own personal dogs in any way you choose.

*I* choose to never, and I do mean NEVER, have any bitch outdoors unsupervised who is in season. *I* feel that if a bitch of mine ever got bred outdoors unsupervised, I have no one to blame but myself for putting her in a position to be accidentally bred.

As we all know, the drive to reproduce is a strong one. I don't trust ANY kind of fencing to prevent that.

My post was NOT directed at you personally in any way.

Members online

No members online now.