Yogurt question

Aquavibe

well, i've never seen anyone giving yogurt to his dogs yet, but if your vet recommended it than it's ok. it doesn't matter what type your going to give to your dog as log it's natural.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Yogurt with active cultures is definitely safe. The biggest worry is the high sugar content, especially in flavored yogurt.

I give my dogs plain organic yogurt from Trader Joe's, a few days a week, and in their kongs. =)

goldiefur

Yeah I'm giving him plain yogurt while he is on Flagyl but I freeze it with peanut butter honey and bananna and I read that some of the cultures will die when they are frozen. I wanted to get something with a lot of active cultures.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
The cultures are harmless to us, and I would suspect they are harmless to dogs . . . generally the gut bacteria of one species are similar to those of another . . . I give Sarama whatever probiotic yougurt is on sale . .. and she's fine . . . and her tummy is happy :D

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I give Ella plain Dannon yogurt everyday.
I do this because I have been trying to avoid spending $20 on Prozyme.
It firms her poop and she goes CRAZY for it!!!

And she has a pretty healthy digestive tract.
She's a TOTAL dairy dog. ANYTHING dairy will be eaten up by her in no time flat.

ACooper

Yep, whatever PLAIN flavored yogurt is at your store should be fine........you don't need to look for the most expensive brands.

We use the store brand and give a "dollup" daily :)

Fran27

Actually the bacteria in yoghurt isn't just harmless, it's good for us, and dogs.

My boys got some this morning actually!

Members online