my new fish

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
right now i have piranhas. it took a little while to get used to the fact that i couldn't stick my hand in the tank. never got bit, but close to sticking my whole hand in. it could have been messy. not for beggining fish keepers. it took 2 years of research before i decided to change my tank to get them.
I had piranhas as well and I was always able to put my hand in their tank. I cleaned their tank with a syphon which I had to put my hand into their tank and they never bothered me they were scared of my hand.

mrose_s

BusterLove
i think their is proof now that the react on flailing and splashing animals, and the red bellied? are the most dangerous (never had experience in paranhas, just whatever aniamal planet showed me) so i assume it would be safe to put you hand in slowly atleast

P

Purdue#1

I don't like taking my fish out of the tank every time i clean it because it is stress they don't need, but I would rather do that than to pull my hand out and have one attached to my finger. mine are skittish, but not if they are hungry enough.*hint*Hint*

The pet store where we got them from said that some people that get them train theirs to eat mice! Talk about gruesome. Decapitated fish heads is bad enough.

hedwig

bad news, i lost a male guppy last night, and i may have lost a snail, i dunno, they usually rather active but this is just tight in his shell. he was ok last night.

rather strange combination as both are rather hardy.

im despratly trying to get round my mum to let me get a larger tank and i think i might be winning. if i find one cheap enough she may let me.

has anyone got a link to a calculator of gallons and tank measurements?

i have a 2ft by 1 by 1 tank which is only 10 gallon so what size do i need to up to???

hedwig

i lost another guppy female and dunno if the snail is still alive? my filter is packing up so i need a new better one.

i have found another tank, its 22 gallons and i can get it at the end of the month. mum says i can get one in 2 monthes and then we will review.

i wont have any left!!!

P

Purdue#1

I had piranhas as well and I was always able to put my hand in their tank. I cleaned their tank with a syphon which I had to put my hand into their tank and they never bothered me they were scared of my hand.
How did you keep them fed???

mrose_s

BusterLove
hedwig, i suggest now is the time to PM rabbitsarebetter, Angel Chicken, FruitBat, juliefury, aussie red etc. tell them the situation and ask exactly what you need to do. yes you'll probably get flamed but hopefully they'll still help you
i would be returning fish to shops probbaly

Members online

No members online now.