Next non-dog pet

Teal

...ice road...
Speaking of window shopping... I pretty much browse hog island boa photos/breeders just about every day if that gives you an indication of how badly I want one.

**Warning! snake pics below so scroll fast if you don't like snakes**

Look at this cute little baby hog

And an adult... They are smaller boas.... Usually get around 5-6 feet though females can tend to end up larger than males. Really big hogs are usually mixed with redtail or another boa.

<3 SO CUTE!

Next for me will be some new slings (tarantula spiderlings), species P. irminia

And HOPEFULLY a Kingsnake hatchling because I'm incubating a clutch right now :)

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Probably fish. I would LOVE to have a couple of male betta set ups, a guppy tank with a female betta for population control, a large community tank, and a pond with goldfish outside.

DH really wants an Amazon parrot but I'm not too into the idea. When we get another bird it would be a crimson bellied conure or a Quaker parrot-preferably blue, pallid blue, or pallid green.

K

Kaydee

There was a sick rat in the toddler cage, instead I found one with almost Siamese gray fur. They're all getting along fine. The kitten sized rat Cupcake is like Mama to the rest.

Between dog, cats, human kids, rats, gerbil, fish, plants, we're good...some days it's just an endless cycle of somebody or something demanding to eat

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'll probably stick with rats, honestly, although I'd love to have Guinea Pigs again. But the rats are just as social, if not more so, and are a heck of a lot cheaper and take up way less space.

Toller_08

Aside from maybe some more fish, there will only be dogs here. I've thought about getting a cat once I live on my own, but I want my mom to be able to visit me without having an allergy attack. And that's more important to me than a cat.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I've always wanted a canary :) I had an aunt who had one in a large cage at her desk.. they are solitary so don't need much interaction, but he loved to sing and dance about and was very cool to watch!

and they are mighty cute :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Oh, and I thought I'd add that they need to breed a rat that wheeks and popcorns like a Guinea Pig. Then I'd definitely only have rats. ^^

K

Kaydee

I'll probably stick with rats, honestly, although I'd love to have Guinea Pigs again. But the rats are just as social, if not more so, and are a heck of a lot cheaper and take up way less space.
Yeah, until we got our first two I had no idea how cuddly and intelligent rats are, we're up to four. Wonder if I could train them like "Ben"???Bwahahahaha

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Fish. Probably betta unless I move before my betta now dies in which case I'll be setting up some sort of 55ish tank. Not sure what I want in there but would love to move over my 10 gallon guys into a larger community.

Assamiea

My next non-dog pet will probably be another Betta (if I'm still living at home), a cat or ferret (If I'm living with my boyfriend). My boyfriend is really only into having dogs and cats as pets, although he has a soft spot for ferrets which I plan to exploit!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Absolutely 100% rats.

However, after my current 5 go I will not be getting anymore while we live in the apartment. Technically I am not supposed to have them here and hiding them when maintenance comes in is too stressful for me (even though thus far I could have kept them out in the open and I'm pretty sure maintenance wouldn't have cared), so when they go that'll be it for a while. Which honestly makes me more sad than not getting another dog in the next 10 years. :/

StillandSilent

Another persian. I always tell my mother then, when I win the lottery, I'm having 4 persians and a Sphynx, just so people who come over can whisper about the naked one. "Oh, my God, look at that one. Do you think it got burned or something?"

Dogs6

Plus One
For me personally it will either be a siamese cat or a horse. I can't afford either but there's a nice wee mare that may be going cheap at the end of the summer. I really can't afford any more animals though!

Chickens will most likely be the next for the family.

Well I just took in 4 9 week old female rats today (well Sunday but it's not Monday until I go to bed and wake up lol). Two agouti berks, one beige berk and one black berk (pictures will come). I have them in a Rat Manor temporarily until I can get my other cage situated. I am on the lookout for blues and Siamese rats though too so I'm sure the numbers will increase after that cage is ready (it's bigger than a Critter Nation but the top half does not have a pan which is why I'm not using it right now).

And in two or three weeks I'm bringing home a male brown tabby kitten that my niece's cat had. At the same time I'm looking for a male blue point Siamese so I'm kinda busy with the non-dog pets right now even though I'm still hoping for Corgi #2 later this year.

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
I've been dying to get a bearded Dragon for years. Just the start up costs are about 400 so it will probably be a long time.

Picklepaige

Rats! The apartment I'm moving into this fall allows any pet under 50 pounds, so I'll be bringing my old cage and getting a pair. SO excited!

Members online