Nate the budding nerd here !

_Nate_

So I'm from western Pennsylvania and have 3 cats, Rory, Riley, and Minny. I made a long intro a while ago for a blog, so pardon the amount of stuff.

I probably should introduce myself, my name is Nate and
I’m your somewhat average teenager who lives in the “good ol’†and “crazy†USA. My favorite subject in school is science, my favorite color is green, I love to eat potato chips, I own 3 cats, I have a slight vision and hearing impairment that makes it so I can’t drive, but theres so many idiot drivers that I don’t really care !

Oh, and did I mention that I liked Harry potter? No? Well I do, you see, it all started when the 4th movie Goblet of Fire was being made. I went looking for news and came across Mugglenet.com and Leakynews.com , after that I found out that they had podcasts I could listen to and so I became a fan of Mugglecast and Pottercast. I also occasionally listened to wizard rock. In early 2010, I was watching the Harry Potter Alliance ustream to raise money to help Haiti heal.

I had remembered seeing something about a LOST cover band, called the oceanic six. When I saw it was Alex Carpenter of The Remus Lupins and Jason Munday and Luke Conard of the Ministry of Magic, I was hardly surprised. So I looked them up on youtube, and it just went on from there. In late June 2010, I stayed up until 2 am just to watch the livestream of Vidcon, a conference for youtubers in Los Angeles, California. It was quite fun.

Along with that I also heard about John and Hank Green, who were the inspiration/creators for a group of people called Nerdfighters. Nerdfighters are nerds who wish to decrease world suck, and rather than being made of flesh and bone, they’re made of AWESOME !

To find out more about Nerdfighters, watch
this video : http://www.youtube.com/embed/FyQi79aYfxU?fs=1

Favorite TV Shows currently airing : Doctor Who, Sherlock

Shows not airing : Charmed, Lost, Heroes

Books I've read that I've liked: The Narnia and Harry Potter series, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, Will Grayson Will Grayson, The Fault in our Stars, The Name of the Star

Members online