How'd you meet your SO?

SaraB

I met my husband when I was buying tires for my car at the mechanic shop he worked at. He liked my car and we got to talking about that. I was dating someone else at the time and ended up breaking up with him to date Tim instead. That was 7 years ago. We have been married for 2 years.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We met online.

We usually say "in a hockey chat room" because that is the short and sweet easy version lol. but the story actually goes like this....

I was between jobs. My one job ended and I had a week before my new job started. I was getting bored so I was searching around on the yahoo messenger thing and decided to look for goalies (LOL I kind of have a thing for goalies and always knew I would marry one haha). HIs name popped up and showed he was online so I sent him a message. NOTHING. So I was like FINE... JERK lol how RUDE.

2 weeks later this message popped up on my messenger from someone I didn't know but he was acting like he knew me or we had talked before. it took me a bit to remember who he was lol and that he was the jerk that never responded to me. turns out he was out int he field for 2 weeks doing some of his army training so he was not online at the time even though yahoo said he was.

From that point we talked online everyday, we talked on the phone everyday for hours, we would chat on the webcam, and after a couple of months he decided to come up for a visit for the weekend. When he left after that visit it was HORRIBLE being away from him. that was in July. I moved down here September 21st lol and we were married one year later on August 22nd.

This august will mark 8 years of marriage for us and it just keeps getting better.

(photo from our most recent trip to Disney.... being photobombed by our favorite photopass guy Alex lol)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
No photos of just the two of us that I have on this computer (I'm sure my mom has some), but this is my favorite photo ever:

Me and all of my loved ones, minus the dogs and my parents. From left to right, back:
Wesley (my younger brother), me, Mike, Jacob (my older brother), his girlfriend Bre, then LR front is my youngest sister, Melanie, and my younger sister, JeanAnne.

And I love this picture, too, because it is Mike (clean shaven! *swoons*) talking with my dad and my brother. I make an appearance on the couch in the corner, so it counts. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Training. Is there anything else? :rofl1:

My DH came out to my schutzhund club to join, 14 years ago. We've been married for 11 years in 2013.
I've been TRYING to pick up guys this way. Except most of the people who train around here are women.
*flips table*

I was just thinking the other day about when I was in a hotel and was taking Auggie down to potty and almost ran into a guy with two border collies, and after we apologized for almost plowing into each other, I said "Are you here for agility?" And after the fact I was like "HA 'are you here for agility' is apparently my pick up line." (He was not in fact there for agility. BOO.)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
At work. I had been working there for about a month and I was throwing boxes in the back and a group of LP trainee's where being shown around. Of course I didn't notice them walk in and I was leaning over waving my butt at them. Heard them, turned around, and about died. HAHA

I honestly didn't even notice David, until we had lunch together in the break room. Got to talking, of course about dogs lol I think that was truly it for us. He handed me a cute little paper note folded into a triangle as I was leaving that basically asked me out. I thought it was super cute and cheesy, so despite me being antisocial I went out with him and that was it.

Been together for 5 years :)

Ok and a bad pic just cause

Lyzelle

Jin and I first met in...middle school. I was 12 and in 7th grade at the time. He was 15 and in 8th. We had a few class blocks like Gym and Study Hall together, but for the majority of that school year we didn't give much thought to each other. It was a rough year for me, some typical growing pains mixed with my mom's bi-polar husband, and then he went missing in March of that year. At some point during school we had the Jump Rope for Heart marathon going on, and I rocked it. Afterwards, a random guy came up to me teasing about how he'll beat me next time and surely it was just a fluke I won that time. And, that was how we met, really.

Eventually we just started talking at every given moment. Constantly during gym, during study hall we would pass letters, in the halls and at lunch. I did most of the talking, I guess, which was a bit odd because I was a shy kid. He was always there, ready to listen and cheer me up by talking about his weird dreams and typical teenage boy stunts. I found it hard to believe there was "normal" at that point in my life, but he definitely made me feel completely normal and down to earth. I wasn't free floating anymore. And even when they eventually found Paul in the lake, Jin continued to be my rock. (Fun fact, this is when Zander came into my life as well).

Then the school year ended, and I shut everything out again. My mom was already dating a new guy and things at home slowly got worse. I wasn't allowed to go out, and my phone calls were limited. But instead of trying to take what I could get, I shut down completely. I refused to talk to any of my friends, I ignored all of his calls, and for the next two years, I did nothing more than eat, sleep, and go to school. And then in my 9th grade year, I didn't even go to school. I homeschooled.

I'm not sure what the switch was. Maybe I grew up, maybe I matured, maybe I just needed time to work on me before dealing with other people. But I actually went out of my way to look him up on Myspace one day(after 2 or 3 years), and then spent the next TWO WEEKS debating whether or not I should message him. I figured he would hate me, be pissed off and never want to talk to me again. But I figured the best I could do was apologize.

And the rest is history. He was living in Phoenix by then, but he moved to Southaven so we could attempt some sort of a regular relationship. Three years later, in February of 2011, I moved out of my mom's house and we got married.

There's a lot of in-between filler, of course, but that's about the gist of it.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I work with/am mutual friends with the guy who introduced me to my current SO. We had gone out for a hungover brunch the night after a Halloween party and my friend had brought along his friend who had just moved to Denver. We ended up chatting some that day but I didn't think much of it. The next my friend tells me his friend, George, thinks I'm awesome and wants to take me out to lunch. I said what the hell, sure. Wasn't looking for anything remotely resembling dating or anything because I had just decided that emotions were useless, pointless and I wasn't cut out for relationships or monogamy. Those were stupid things I wanted no part of and I let him know that during that lunch.

Apparently he took it as a personal challenge to change my mind.

He succeeded.

CaliTerp07

We were in college. My first semester, he was the TA in my math class. I thought he was cute, but I was dating someone else and really...he was the TA. The next semester, we had to partner up on the first day of class. I looked around the room for a familiar face and his was the only one I recognized. We finally placed each other, and agreed to work on the project together.

The next class, I broke into a cold sweat and nearly had a panic attack when I realized I had forgotten my homework. ME! Miss goody two-shoes, 100%, A+ student forgot the first homework assignment of the year. He let me copy his (first and only time I ever copied anything!) We became "study buddies", and I began feeding him with my dining hall dollars, lol. This probably lasted a month, and he STILL had no clue I liked him.

Finally, his roommates convinced him to throw a party and invite me over. They cleaned the whole apartment for him, and I showed up. We both had a beer or two, he kissed me, I broke up with the prior boyfriend the next day and we got engaged about a year later. Married 5 years this June.

Engagement picture :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
We met in High School. At first we really didn't like each other. I thought he was cute, but a jerk, and that he had a girlfriend. We had a literature class together, and we would compete to see who got better grades/done with the work first.

After a few months, I realized that he wasn't with anyone, and we both had mutual friends in common. I think the turning point of my being attracted to him was halloween. He liked my costume (I was HP :p ) and his was very good looking on him lol.

We really started hanging out right after Thanksgiving and he asked me out about a week later. Of course I said yes, and the rest is sort of history. We've been together for a little over seven years now. Married for nearly two. :D

Here's our picture the day we got married.

We went a bit non traditional lol

Red Chrome

Yeah I have to admit, I had to pursue aggressively. :rofl1:

Now I have my own helper. :hail:
*OT*

This is my goal. Apparently, in my area of Washington state though, men are wimps and large dogs who do bitework scare them. LOL

Carry on with the love stories......

I don't have a SO at the moment, actually really haven't dated seriously in 7 years. My first 2 were both really good friends....obviously it wasn't meant to be with either.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ryan and I met right here on Chazhound :p
His username is 96GTS and he lurks, but rarely posts.

Um...pictures....

This was from our first car show together like...4 years ago?

This is the most recent picture I have of us together:

We have Frodo. Next to us is Megan (SpringerLover) with baby Zinga and her SO, and SaraB's SO with Zuma.

Oh, can't forget THIS beauty! I think this is going to be our wedding invite picture, definitely.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
DH and I met at this quirky little coffee house that we frequented. They had a TV and VCR and we were settling down to watch Akira, and he introduced himself and asked if he could use me as a pillow. He laid his head in my lap and we talked for hours, completely missing the movie. We kept meeting up there for about a week, then went on our first date and the rest is history. We've been together 13 years this March and will be married 10 years in May.

I still don't think either of us has actually sat down and watched Akira-lol.

SpringerLover

Ryan and I met right here on Chazhound :p
His username is 96GTS and he lurks, but rarely posts.

Um...pictures....

This was from our first car show together like...4 years ago?

This is the most recent picture I have of us together:

We have Frodo. Next to us is Megan (SpringerLover) with baby Zinga and her SO, and SaraB's SO with Zuma.

Oh, can't forget THIS beauty! I think this is going to be our wedding invite picture, definitely.
LOL, at all of this! Also, I miss that trip a lot now!

Members online

No members online now.