Football party! WOO!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
A bunch of friends are coming over to watch the 49er-Giants game. The big screen has been freshly polished. Our surround sound has been optimized. The living room is rearranged to offer maximum comfy seating while providing a good view of the TV. I've got my 49er T-shirt on. The food is ready to go. All I need to do is pop it in the oven (or in the steamer) before gametime.

- Buffalo wings
- 7-layer dip
- Salsa
- Tamales
- Queso
- Chips
- Jalapeno poppers (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon).
- brownies

Friends are bringing the beer. Tequila, scotch, rum, spice rum and brandy are in the liquor cabinet. Wine in the wine closet.

GO NINERS!! YAAAAAAY!!! Anybody else watching football today?

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Ugggh. Football f$& *% you. I live in the burbs of Indianapolis and work 2 blocks away from Lukas Oil Stadium. I can't hear the word Football or Super Bowl anymore. Grrrrr. We were told to expect up to 3hrs of commute during super bowl week. Sigh.

But I hope you have fun with your party, lol! :) your food sounds amazing.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Okay, I say I'm watching football. About 5 minutes into the 1st quarter of the Ravens/Patriots game "technical difficulties" arose....Ugh. Stupid satellite.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Wow Gemp, I wanna come over! I don't like any of the teams currently in the playoffs and as such, will probably not try all that hard to watch the SuperBowl.

MicksMom

...Anybody else watching football today?
Yep Just hubby, Caleb and me, tho. Oh and Blueberry- the handmade puppet (looks like Cookie Monster) sitting on a traffice cone, wearing a Giants sweatshirt and holding a Giants balloon. Caleb & I have our Giants stuff on. Hubby can't seem to find his sweatshirt, tho.

GO GIANTS!!!

If it wasn't for a whining, crybaby faced qb by the name of manning that played for the Giants, i'd probably cheer for them. I've never seen a more undeserving qb (other than a denver qb) get so much praise because of his last name before.

They do have a good team though. Thankfully the 9er's were feeling generous yesterday and decided to drop not one, but 2 very easy INT's and on top of that, they added a couple special teams turnovers, one to give the Giants the easy kick to win in OT. add in a referee blunder and now I gotta listen to how great Eli Manning is again for 2 weeks on ESPN. I wish they were able to put praise where it's warranted but alas, ESPN has become nothing more than "The View" for men and they fill it with BS and drama and names to attract the masses, rather than what was important at one time. The competition and the sport.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I wish they were able to put praise where it's warranted but alas, ESPN has become nothing more than "The View" for men and they fill it with BS and drama and names to attract the masses, rather than what was important at one time. The competition and the sport.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I hate the entire sports analyst industry as a whole. It's turned into nothing but a glorified marketing department.

And yeah, I wasn't happy with my Niners yesterday. They've had an airtight game pretty much all season, and they picked THAT game to make those key blunders. Oh well. At the same time, I can't be too mad at them. Harbaugh has done an outstanding job turning around a pathetic team in a single season. I think he deserves Coach of the Year.

He's certainly in the running. I did not forsee them being that good this year. That defense is the real deal. man I wish we could take Willis from you guys. He also allowed Smith to play within his talents and move the offense and didn't ask too much or too little. He does need to grow next year as a qb for the 9er's to move forward though I think.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I I've never seen a more undeserving qb (other than a denver qb) get so much praise because of his last name before.
You, you mean to say you don't believe in The Tebow? Jesus' Little Brother? But his touch heals the sick! And the blind!

:rolleyes:

I think the guy's got some great potential, has a great work ethic and did an outstanding job for his first NFL season for a team that has been sucking it up hardcore the last few years for various reasons, but I don't think he's Elway's Second Coming just yet.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
You, you mean to say you don't believe in The Tebow? Jesus' Little Brother? But his touch heals the sick! And the blind!

I think the guy's got some great potential, has a great work ethic and did an outstanding job for his first NFL season for a team that has been sucking it up hardcore the last few years for various reasons, but I don't think he's Elway's Second Coming just yet.
Tebow drives DH crazy. He thinks that the idea that God cares about the outcome of a football game is ridiculous and it bugged him that Tebow seemed to be promoting that. I've come to the conclusion that the Lord likely doesn't give a rip about football, but if He does He's a Patriots fan......

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Eh, I'm honestly not bothered by it, though I can see how others would be. I'm just pleased that there is someone in the NFL who has a high-profile and it's not for drugs, rape or robbery.

One of the best Tweets I saw after the Tebow/Brees faceoff was "Women in Denver are pissed. Tebow won't screw them and now there's an angry Drew Brees in town."

He's does work hard, and plays hard. He should do something more fitting to his skill set, like RB or TE.

He wasn't in his first year, it was his 2nd. he doesn't get the rookie pass from me anymore. And he still completed only 40+ percent of his passes. If you're not at at least 60% in the NFL, you're easily replaceable.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
On a football note - I definitely believe in Tebow. Always have! Not only that, but he is from the area I'm at (lived (parents still do) right down the road from my dad's school) and he IS a former Gator.

Do I think he has tons of improvement to do? Yes. Do I think he can do it? Yes.

As for the credit... every QB gets credit no matter how much they do, it is the way football/NFL works. I certainly think Tebow deserves some credit, they went from 1-4 to 9-9 with the only change being Tebow (might have had some injuries some where else) so he definitely had something to do with it.

I do find it funny though when people don't want to give any of the credit to Tebow when the Broncos win, but as soon as they lose all the blame is 100% on him. lol

However, it is a TEAM sport and I'm a firm believer in you win as a team and you lose as team. I loved when an interviewer told Tebow, "Hey, it's Tebow Time!" and he replied with, "It isn't Tebow Time, it's Bronco Time!".

Next season is his first full off-season (with the 1st string!) and he'll get a full season starting (per any injuries, etc). I think improvements are bound to happen, but we'll see.

Tebow drives DH crazy. He thinks that the idea that God cares about the outcome of a football game is ridiculous and it bugged him that Tebow seemed to be promoting that. I've come to the conclusion that the Lord likely doesn't give a rip about football, but if He does He's a Patriots fan......
That is the thing.... He isn't saying God cares about football games. He has NEVER claimed that. Ever.

It is just like me praying before taking a big test/exam. I'm praying that He will keep distractions away from me, help me apply the knowledge I've learned/studied, etc. Sure, I thank Him when I *do* pass the test... but I try to thank and glorify Him in whatever I do.

Please, don't think that I am saying he is perfect. No one is and I don't want to come across that way... I just get bugged when people say "Why would God care about football game when there is so much *insert bad stuff* going on in the world?!?!".

Not to mention - why in the world is Tebow getting so much heat for being an outspoken Christian? There are a lot more in the NFL. Heck, there is even another one on the Broncos team in Brian Dawkins. He is just as outspoken as Tebow... but it is just the media knowing who the "flavor" is right then.

Members online